What items are prohibited on board the ship and on Castaway Cay?
Prohibited Items – Frequently Asked Questions
In order to maintain a safe and secure environment for all Guests and crew, the following items are prohibited on board Disney Cruise Line ships. If found, the items listed, and anything similar, will be held in storage for the duration of the cruise. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Items prohibited on board ship and on Castaway Cay.
- Firearms, ammunition, knives (including dive knives), swords, daggers and any other types of weapons
- Toy guns or other replicas of firearms and weapons
- Highly flammable liquids and combustible substances
- Liquid oxygen
- Non-prescribed controlled substances, illegal drugs, medically prescribed and synthetic marijuana
- Hookah pipes
- Power tools and toolboxes (except those utilized by vendors providing services)
- Samsung Galaxy Note7 devices
- Potentially dangerous sporting equipment, including baseball and cricket bats, hockey and lacrosse sticks, pool cues, ski poles, fishing gear and archery equipment. (Golf clubs are permitted as long as they are stored inside your stateroom.)
- Scuba equipment such as tanks, spears, spear guns, slings, dive knives, pry bars, and underwater scooters. (Masks and snorkels are allowed)
- Remote-controlled helicopters, airplanes, drones or similar devices
- Kites, balloons, surfboards, wave boards, inflatable floats, pool noodles, inflatable pools and wagons
- Bicycles, scooters, skateboards, hoverboards, inline & roller skates, any footwear with wheels (i.e. Heely’s type shoes) and Segways, or other wheeled mobility devices with less than 3 wheels and devices that cannot maintain stability and balance when stopped, unpowered or unoccupied. Training wheels or similar modifications are not permitted.
- Wheeled transport devices other than those required by Guests with disabilities
- Electrical appliances such as rice cookers, hot plates, coffee makers, blenders, electric irons, electric blankets, heating pads, bottle sterilizers and warmers
- Please note: A limited number of approved bottle warmers and bottle sterilizers are available upon request through Guest Services
- All ships offer self-service laundry facilities with irons and ironing boards. Portable fans are permitted in your stateroom. However, you must contact Guest Services to have the Chief Electrician approve your fan.
- Candles and incense
- DVD, VCR, and Blu-ray players
- Gaming systems such as Playstation®, Xbox and Nintendo Wii (due to compatibility issues with the stateroom TVs)
- Musical instruments
- Ice chests and coolers, except for those permitted for storing medications, baby food and items related to dietary restrictions
- Homemade, precooked or perishable foods or open food containers. Also, please refer to our guidelines on restricted food and beverages
- Over-the-door hanging organizers
- Metal detectors
- Fireworks or pyrotechnics
- Seasonal and/or celebratory light bulb strings
- Extension cords or surge protectors
- Ham radios