At a Glance
|Location:||Deck 5, Midship|
|Hours of Operation:||9:00 a.m. to midnight|
Disney's Oceaneer Lab aboard the Disney Magic is a pirate-themed, children's activity center located on Deck 5, Midship. Open from approximately 9:00 a.m. to midnight daily, Disney's Oceaneer Lab is the perfect place for children 3 to 12 years of age to create, play and explore while the adults are off on their own high-seas adventures.
Bedecked in swashbuckling nautical flourishes, Disney's Oceaneer Lab is home to a collection of fascinating props and treasures from the journeys of Captain Mary Oceaneer. A member of the Society of Explorers and Adventurers (SEA), Mary invites all children to set sail on an ocean of self-discovery and fun.
Disney's Oceaneer Lab is designed with delightful amenities to keep young scallywags entertained and engaged, including:
- A 103-inch plasma screen that screens Disney movies
- A stage in the main hall, where kids can hear stories of great expeditions and star in their own swashbuckling plays
- A pirate workshop where kids can concoct crazy experiments, stretch their culinary skills and participate in other hands-on activities.
Branching off Disney's Oceaneer Lab's main room are several fun-filled play spaces:
- Captain's Workshop — With computers, themed tables and maps, and original buccaneer-styled artwork, this large play area is where food is served and fun-filled activities take place throughout the day.
- Animator's Studio — Designed as a working animation studio, this room is the place for children to create original, hand-drawn art or learn how to sketch their favorite Disney characters. With the help of a youth counselor, kids can even design and bring to life computer-animated characters.
- Craft Studio — Children seeking a more tactile artistic experience can escape from technology to this creative studio and create hands-on arts and crafts projects.
- Navigation Game Station — This pirate-chest-themed computer station invites young rapscallions to play a Pirates of the Caribbean multiplayer game. Navigator Simulators even let young buccaneers steer a ship through the mysterious waters of the Caribbean!
Parents should note that children have the ability to move back and forth between Disney's Oceaneer Club and Disney's Oceaneer Lab. A secure, kid's only hallway connects the 2 youth venues, so children can move freely and experience activities between both spaces.Dining
Children are invited to enjoy lunch and dinner at Disney's Oceaneer Lab, which can be especially helpful for parents looking for some private time at Palo. For those not wishing to dine with us, activities will be offered during meal times.
For families partaking in the second dinner seating, parents can opt to have their children take part in Dine and Play. In this program, children receive their meals earlier and are then escorted by counselors to the youth clubs, while adults can enjoy their dinner at a more leisurely pace. To participate, please let your server know upon your arrival.
Registration and Check-In
Registering your child for Disney's Oceaneer Lab can be made at the terminal or once onboard the ship.
Upon boarding the ship on Embarkation Day, both children and parents must check in at the front desk at Disney's Oceaneer Lab on Deck 5, Midship. During this confirmation process, parents will fill out final paperwork and children will receive a wristband indicating that they are part of Disney's Oceaneer Lab. Only children that are ages three through twelve and completely toilet trained will be able to participate in secured programming.
During the registration process, parents are invited to tour the facility, meet the counselors and learn more about the many activities offered.
Children with Special Needs
Children with special needs are welcome at Disney's Oceaneer Lab. While we cannot offer one on one care for your child, families are encouraged to speak with our Special Services team pre-arrival to discuss any questions or clarify participation guidelines.
Activities at Disney's Oceaneer Lab
Children are invited to partake in a wide range of charming activities at Disney's Oceaneer Lab. While some activities are recommended for certain ages, participation is based on a child's interest level and maturity—not age. As a result of this, siblings and friends ages 3 to12 can play together without restriction.
Although subject to change, activities at Disney's Oceaneer Lab may include:
Pirates of the Caribbean – Tides of Fortune
Ahoy, kids: Emb-arr-k on your very own pirate adventure—with some help from your loyal crew mates—in this multiplayer video game developed exclusively for Disney Cruise Line that immerses you in a hunt for lost treasure.
Anyone Can Cook-Cookies
Based on the Disney•Pixar movie Ratatouille, this hands-on activity invites kids to discover the art of cooking cookies. Donning aprons and decorative chef hats, children learn how to mix ingredients and bake under the direction of a chef, before indulging in their very own mouthwatering creations.
Super Sloppy Science with Professor Make-O-Mess
Professor Make-O-Mess is a world-famous scientist who is known for performing the sloppiest science experiments around. Now kids can partake in some educational fun as the professor offers some hands-on training that will surely having them laughing and learning.
Check the Personal Navigator—Disney Cruise Line's daily newsletter detailing all there is to see and do—while once onboard for activity dates and times.
Open House is an opportunity for everybody in the family to participate in a variety of exciting activities at Disney's Oceaneer Club and Disney's Oceaneer Lab. Guests 13 years of age and older are not allowed into youth clubs, except during these set times. Please check the Personal Navigator while onboard for the Open House schedule.
Disney Magic images are artist renderings; actual construction may vary.
Fun Facts & Tips
Kids 8 to 12 years of age can check themselves out of Disney's Oceaneer Lab and Disney's Oceaneer Club—at their parents' discretion.