At a Glance
|Location:||Deck 9, Aft|
|Hours of Operation:||Approximately 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.; please check the Personal Navigator while onboard for specific times.|
AquaLab, one of three pool areas on the Disney Magic, is a water experiment-themed, children's play-area located on Deck 9, Aft. Home to a freshwater pool plus a plethora of pop jets, geysers and bubblers, this 1,800-square-foot aqua playground is designed to delight young Guests and their families while out at sea or in port.
The Story of AquaLab
AquaLab was created by Donald Duck's crafty nephews—Huey, Dewey and Louie—and features a variety of water "experiments" created to drench the entire family. Children entering AquaLab will see that the nephews are away for the time being, leaving young cruise Guests to conduct their very own water experiments.
AquaLab features hands-on fun at every turn, including:
- Rotating wheels and levers at wacky, themed water stations
- Geysers and pop jets
In addition, shaded deck chairs are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Games and activities are hosted by Crew Members in the AquaLab pool area at various times daily. Check the Personal Navigator once onboard for the most accurate activities schedule.
Twist 'n' Spout
For children who want to experience a little excitement while cooling down, AquaLab offers an exciting double-looping waterslide. Guests using the slide must be a minimum height of 38 inches.
Nephews' Splash Zone
An entertaining, splash-a-second play area dedicated to infants and toddlers 3 years of age and under, Nephews' Splash Zone features pop jets, squirting figures of Donald Duck's nephews and plenty of high-seas hijinks designed especially for little ones.
For those looking for a quick bite, the AquaLab pool area includes Pete's Boiler Bites and Daisy's De-Lites, 2 quick-service restaurants that serve a variety of snacks and sandwiches, plus Pinocchio's Pizzeria and the beverage station nearby. Please note that food and beverages are not allowed in the pools or whirlpool spas.
Policies About Swim Accessories and Equipment
Please be aware of the following policies about pool toys and swim accessories:
- Swim goggles that fit only over the eyes are permitted at all pools, hot tubs and water slides, with the exception of AquaDunk aboard the Disney Magic, where goggles are not allowed.
- Swim masks that cover the eyes and nose are permitted at all pools. They are not allowed on any slides, including AquaDuck.
- Snorkel tubes are not permitted at any pools, hot tubs or water slides.
- Coast Guard personal flotation devices (PFDs), water wings and flotation sewn into bathing suits can be brought onboard and are permitted in Mickey's Pool.
- Floats, rafts and fun noodles cannot be brought onboard and are not permitted in the pools.
Policies About Swim Diapers
The United States Public Health Service requires that only children who are toilet trained are permitted to enter swimming pools and spas aboard cruise ships.
Children who are not toilet trained are welcome to enjoy Nemo's Reef and Mickey's Splash Zone, where they must wear swim diapers. Please note, swim diapers are not permitted in the pools, hot tubs or spas, the AquaDuck and the AquaLab.
Disney Magic images are artist renderings; actual construction may vary.