At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Sightseeing Adventures and Family Adventures|
|Duration:||1.5 to 2 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$42 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$20 (ages 3 to 9)|
|Infant Price:||$0 (ages 0 to 2)|
- Meet your costumed tour guide and learn about Skagway's character Martin Itjen, who came north looking for Klondike gold in 1898 and became the town's most celebrated storyteller. He gave Alaska's first motorized sightseeing tour on his "Skagway Street Car" for U.S. President Warren G. Harding in 1923 and delighted visitors for decades. Today, Martin's tour lives on in Skagway.
- Board your yellow 1927 sightseeing bus, where your costumed "conductor" passes on a century of history, behind-the-scenes tales and stories of life in small town Alaska — just like Martin did.
- Explore the waterfront and National Park Historic District, enjoy the panoramic views from the Scenic Overlook and have your camera ready for the retelling of the Soapy Smith gunfight at the Gold Rush Cemetery.
- Motor through Skagway's residential neighborhood, famous for its flower gardens, see the childhood home of former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, and make a stop downtown before returning to your ship.
- Wheelchairs need to be standard size and collapsible; no electric wheelchairs/scooters are permitted. Guests must be able to board and disembark the streetcar bus on their own.
- Guests should dress warmly, in layers, and carry rain gear.
- Guests are encouraged to bring currency and credit cards to purchase extras, such as souvenirs or snacks.
- Due to the extremely limited availability of this shore excursion, Guests are encouraged to book early.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.