At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Active Adventures and Nature Adventures and Sightseeing Adventures|
|Duration:||5 to 5.5 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$435 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$435 (age 9)|
|Ages:||9 And Up|
- Be transported to the helicopter base via a short bus ride.
- Take an approximate 15-minute scenic helicopter flight up the Skagway River valley and along the Sawtooth Mountain range and enjoy views of glaciers originating from the Juneau Ice Field before landing at Glacier Station.
- Explore the Laughton Glacier trail on a 4- to 5-mile roundtrip wilderness hike (approximately 3 hours), in the Tongass National Forest, that winds its way along the upper Skagway River in the remote Warm Pass valley, which is accessible only by train and helicopter. Enjoy the surreal beauty of the old-growth forest, complete with explanations from your experienced, knowledgeable and professional guide. Learn about the flora, fauna, and history that make the region unique. Take memorable photos at stops along the river and from a 360-degree vantage point, where epic views of the magnificent Laughton Glacier, and its 4000 vertical feet of icefalls, are often available. Benefit from exceptional customer service, as there will never be more than 6 guests per guide.
- Board the train and experience more than 14 miles and nearly one hour of the scenic and historic White Pass and Yukon Route Railroad. The journey is fully narrated, and complete with waterfalls, rushing rivers and old wooden trestles. Note: All Guests must carry a passport while on this tour.
- Be free to explore the historic town when the adventure ends at the White Pass depot in Skagway, a short walk from your ship.
- Passports are required for all Guests, since this tour crosses the border into Canada.
- Guests weighing 250 pounds or more, with all clothing and camera equipment, are required to purchase an additional half-seat at the time of booking. If you need to purchase the surcharge, please complete your regular booking logged in, then send an e-mail to email@example.com and place your reservation number along with word "Helicopter Surcharge" on the comment field. Please note which port-of-call and tour you have booked and who will need a surcharge. Surcharge bookings will be added to the reservation and extra space will be guaranteed on the helicopter.
- Wheelchairs (collapsible or electric) are not permitted. Tour operators will deny participation to Guests arriving in wheelchairs or electric scooters.
- Expectant mothers are welcome through second trimester or as per physician advice.
- Guests should dress warmly and in layers. In addition, hike-appropriate shoes for a well maintained wilderness trails are strongly recommended.
- High quality rain gear, small lumbar pack, extra warm layers, hat, gloves, sun block, bug repellant and trekking pole provided.
- Guests are discouraged from bringing large bags, backpacks and other large items due to space limitations on the helicopter. All needed equipment is provided.
- Guests need to be in good physical condition and be able to hike up unlevel natural terrain.
- Small lumbar pack, bottled water, candy bars and nuts provided during the hike.
- Smoked salmon pate, crackers and assorted beverages served on the train ride after the hike.
- Flight pattern varies based on current weather conditions.
- Guests are encouraged to bring currency and credit cards to purchase extras such as souvenirs.
- Due to the extremely limited availability of this shore excursion, Guests are encouraged to book early.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.