At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Nature Adventures and Family Adventures|
|Duration:||2 to 2.5 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$369 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$299 (ages 2 to 9)|
|Infant Price:||$0 (ages 0 to 1)|
|Ages:||All Ages (recommended 5 and older)|
- Board your transportation at the pier. A short transfer brings you to the heliport where, following a safety video, you are outfitted with glacier boots and vests and loaded onto the helicopter.
- Lift off from the historic Skagway waterfront and head into a rugged region of sheer mountains, majestic valleys and massive glaciers. Flight routes and landing zones are selected daily based on the weather forecast to ensure that you will see the best sights that the area has to offer. Jagged peaks towering over the Chilkat Glacier, cascading waterfalls surrounding the Ferebee Glacier, or the spectacular "river of ice" known as the Meade Glacier, may be among the wonders you will encounter during the approximate 20-minute flight.
- Land on your glacial destination and have the rare opportunity to explore one of Mother Nature's greatest marvels.
- Enjoy a walking exploration of the river of ice. Experienced glacier guides answer your questions and explain the awesome forces at work below your feet during your approximate 40-minutes on the glacier.
- Re-board your helicopter for another approximate 20-minutes of bird's eye discovery, where you will understand why Alaska is a "must see from the sky" destination.
- Arrive at the base and travel back to the pier.
- Duration: Tour includes approximately 40-minutes of helicopter time and approximately 40-minutes spent on the glacier.
- Guests weighing 250 pounds or more, with all clothing and camera equipment, are required to purchase an additional half-seat at the time of booking. If you need to purchase the surcharge, please complete your regular booking logged in, then send an e-mail to email@example.com and place your reservation number along with word "Helicopter Surcharge" on the comment field. Please note which port-of-call and tour you have booked and who will need a surcharge. Surcharge bookings will be added to the reservation and extra space will be guaranteed on the helicopter.
- Infants up to 24-months old can be considered a lap-child and should be added to the parent's weight (surcharge is in effect). On their 2nd birthday, the child is required by the FAA to have a seat and should be charged accordingly.
- Wheelchairs (collapsible or electric) are not permitted. Tour operators will deny participation to Guests arriving in wheelchairs or electric scooters.
- This tour may cancel at anytime during the day of departure due to inclement weather conditions; a full refund will be issued.
- All guests must be able to get in/out of helicopter with minimal assistance, as well as walk a minimum of 100 feet over uneven, rocky terrain. Guests are not able to stay in helicopter, as the helicopter will drop them off on the glacier and return to town with other passengers.
- Seating in the helicopter is determined by weight and balance, and is at the sole discretion of the operator. Parties may be separated.
- All times are approximate.
- Due to increased security, no carry-on bags are allowed on the flight. A secure location will be provided at the heliport for storing personal items.
- Guests are not permitted to use iPads, iPad minis or tablets on any of our flight seeing tours.
- Guests should dress warmly, in layers, and carry rain gear (umbrellas are not allowed in the helicopter). In addition comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Guests are encouraged to bring currency and credit cards to purchase extras, such as souvenirs or snacks.
- Due to the extremely limited availability of this shore excursion, Guests are encouraged to book early.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.