At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Nature Adventures and Sightseeing Adventures and Family Adventures|
|Duration:||4 to 4.5 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$214 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$105 (ages 3 to 9)|
|Infant Price:||$0 (ages 0 to 2)|
- This tour is not being offered in 2013.
- Board a vintage rail car pulled by an authentic steam engine right on your cruise ship pier for a fully narrated approximate 4-hour trip aboard the historic White Pass & Yukon Route. Against all odds, the iron trail was carved through some of the North's most rugged terrain in 1898 to include mountains, glaciers, gorges, waterfalls, tunnels and trestles.
- Follow the footprints of the Klondike Gold Rush as you travel up one of the steepest grades in North America, past the White Pass Summit to Fraser Meadows. On this 52-mile roundtrip, fully narrated train ride, pulled by an authentic steam engine, enjoy the commentary and views from the comfort of your vintage railcar.
- Interact with a personal attendant, available to tell stories and answer questions about the gold rush and explain how this
- narrow gauge railroad was declared an International Civil Engineering Landmark. At the Summit, raise your glass for a champagne or sparkling cider toast and receive an individually numbered brass ornament, certifying entry into the "White Pass Summit Club".
- Ride back to Skagway where historical fun and exploring awaits!
- Passports are required for all Guests, since this tour crosses the border into Canada.
- Wheelchairs (collapsible or electric) are not permitted. Tour operators will deny participation to Guests arriving in wheelchairs or electric scooters.
- Guests need to be able to negotiate 3 steps to board the train.
- Guests should dress warmly, in layers, and carry rain gear.
- Guests are encouraged to bring currency and credit cards to purchase extras such as souvenirs.
- Due to the extremely limited availability of this shore excursion, Guests are encouraged to book early.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.