At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Family Adventures and Sightseeing Adventures and Signature Collection|
|Duration:||4.5 to 5 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$194 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$142 (ages 5 to 9)|
|Ages:||5 And Up|
- Meet your guide and walk from the ship's gangway to your ferry-boat for an approximate 30-minute scenic boat ride to the west side of the sacred island of Delos, the birthplace of Apollo and Artemis, from mythology. Today the island is uninhabited and it is a vast archaeological site whose superb monuments draw thousands of visitors in pilgrimage to what was, for thousands of years after the 9th century BC, the political and religious center of the Aegean.
- Join an approximate 135-minute walking tour into the heart of the sanctuary and see the Temple of Apollo, monuments renowned for their history and architectural style, the dried lake with the palm tree and the famous lions.
- Continue towards the terrace of the foreign gods and enjoy the beautiful view of the archipelago from this vantage point. Pass through the theater and walk into the Hellenistic mansions of Delos. They are decorated with mosaics with representations of Dionysus, a dolphin and a trident.
- Conclude your walking tour and board the ferry for the ride back to Mykonos.
- Walk approximately 15 minutes to the nearby Municipality center, where kids will join Disney Cruise Line Youth Counselors for approximately 60 minutes in a fun-filled mosaic workshop. Meanwhile, parents have the option to enjoy leisure time in the town of Mykonos.
- Reunite with your party and choose to stay in town exploring or, when ready to return to the ship, have an approximate 15-minute walk to the area where shuttle buses depart toward the pier where the ship is docked, across the bay.
- Wheelchairs need to be standard size and collapsible; no electric wheelchairs/scooters are permitted. Guests must be able to board and disembark the boat on their own. Guests must be able to walk and stand for approximately 2 hours over varying and uneven terrain.
- Guests are advised to wear flat and comfortable walking shoes.
- A "whisper system" headset will be provided during the tour.
- Temperatures can get extremely high during summer. Guests are encouraged to wear hats, sunglasses, insect repellent and sunscreen lotion, and to stay hydrated. An optional umbrella to create shade is also advisable.
- Guests are encouraged to bring credit cards and currency to purchase optional extras such as souvenirs, food and beverages.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.