At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Nature Adventures and Family Adventures|
|Duration:||3 to 3.5 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$369 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$309 (ages 2 to 9)|
|Infant Price:||$0 (ages 0 to 1)|
|Ages:||All Ages (recommended 5 and older)|
- Start with a 15-minute transfer to the waterfront base.
- Fly for approximately 25 minutes in an Alaskan floatplane along the Ketchikan waterfront and over the Tongass National Forest, the largest national forest in the United States en-route to one of the finest black bear viewing locations in Alaska.
- Disembark your plane and enjoy a ¼-mile, approximate 35-minute round-trip, nature walk through the beautiful rainforest with an experienced guide to a world class salmon hatchery. Once there and for approximately 45 minutes, be on the lookout for the wild black bears of southeast Alaska as they attempt to catch spawning salmon in the stream. This once-in-a-lifetime wildlife expedition is certain to charm everyone from nature lover to photo enthusiast. Note: While commonly sighted on 98% of the visits, bear viewing cannot be guaranteed.
- Have the opportunity to "capture" the moment from the secure, covered viewing areas that provide safe, up-close viewing opportunities in the bears' natural habitat.
- Re-board your floatplane and enjoy an approximate 20-minute scenic flight back to Ketchikan.
- This tour is seasonal and runs from mid-July through September.
- Wheelchairs (collapsible or electric) are not permitted. Tour operators will deny participation to Guests arriving in wheelchairs or electric scooters.
- This tour may cancel at anytime during the day of departure due to inclement weather conditions; a full refund will be issued.
- Each plane accommodates 5, 6 or 10 Guests (children under the age of 2 will be on the lap). Seating in the plane is determined by weight and balance, and is at the sole discretion of the operator. Large parties may be separated.
- Wildlife sightings cannot be guaranteed.
- A souvenir route guide/booklet is provided so you can identify landmarks and learn about the bears.
- All times are approximate.
- Space on the planes is limited, so only small backpacks or bags can be accommodated.
- Guests should dress warmly, in layers, and carry rain gear. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended for a uneven terrain.
- Guests are encouraged to bring currency and credit cards to purchase extras, such as souvenirs or snacks.
- Due to the extremely limited availability of this shore excursion, Guests are encouraged to book early.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.