At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Nature Adventures and Family Adventures|
|Duration:||2.5 to 3 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$1899 (Private Charter up to 6 Guests)|
|Ages:||All Ages (recommended 5 and older) and All Ages (2 and up charged) and All Ages (2 and up require a seat)|
- Embark on a 10-minute transfer aboard a private luxury vehicle and enjoy a narration about the historic highlights of Ketchikan as well as flight safety instructions. Note: Only one ticket must be booked and it will be valid for up to 6 seated Guests total (everyone age 2 and older requires a seat).
- Board an impeccably maintained De Havilland Beaver floatplane, the world's most famous bush plane, to discover the Misty Fjords National Monument during an approximate 45-minute flight (first portion). Watch as the most spectacular scenery in Alaska unfolds from the comfort of your window seat. Follow your flight route on a detailed route map and guide and explore the vast untouched wilderness as recorded by early explorer Captain George Vancouver in 1793. See majestic fjords, cascading waterfalls, jewel-like lakes and abundant wildlife. Full narration is provided through noise-canceling headsets. Note: While Misty Fjords is the suggested itinerary, the 90 minute flight and 20-minute landing are flexible given the Guests' preferences and weather conditions.
- Enjoy an exhilarating landing in a remote lake or bay when you can step onto the floats to enjoy the fresh air.
- Take off again for an approximate 25-minute flight en route to Ketchikan and marvel at sheer walls of granite plunging into the ocean and surrounded by lush forests of spruce, hemlock and cedar that cling to the snowcapped peaks. Visible only from the air, you can see the splendid 1,000 foot waterfall flowing from Big Goat Lake.
- Arrive back in Ketchikan and take the short transfer back to the ship in your private luxury vehicle.
- This is a charter flight and one ticket will be valid for up to 6 seated Guests (everyone ages 2 and older requires a seat).
- Wheelchairs need to be standard size and collapsible; no electric wheelchairs/scooters are permitted. Guests must be able to board and disembark the motor coach/place (3 steps) on their own or be lifted by a traveling party member from the chair into the aircraft.
- This tour may cancel at anytime during the day of departure due to inclement weather conditions; a full refund will be issued.
- All times are approximate.
- Due to increased security, only a small carry-on bag is allowed on the flight. A secure location will be provided at the terminal for storing personal items.
- Guests should dress warmly, in layers, and carry rain gear.
- Guests are encouraged to bring currency and credit cards to purchase extras, such as souvenirs or snacks.
- Due to the extremely limited availability of this shore excursion, Guests are encouraged to book early.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.