At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Family Adventures and Nature Adventures|
|Duration:||5 to 5.5 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$179 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$119 (ages 3 to 9)|
|Infant Price:||$119 (ages 0 to 2)|
- Travel by motor coach on an approximate 25-minute scenic narrated drive to Auke Bay, where you will embark a spacious, comfortable catamaran designed for wildlife viewing. Your 2.5-hour cruise features guaranteed whale watching!
- Relax in the warm, comfortable, spacious main cabin, surrounded by large windows, as your experienced captain guides you through the island-studded waters of Stephen's Passage. Against a majestic backdrop of snow-capped peaks and glaciers, the onboard naturalist will explain the behavior and habitat of wildlife you may encounter, including humpback and killer whales, Steller sea lions, Dall's porpoise, harbor seals, bald eagles, bears and deer. The operators of this tour guarantee you will see a whale. If not, you'll receive a $100 cash refund as you disembark the vessel (in the past 10 years, whales have been sighted on every tour).
- Next, take a leisurely break from cruising to step ashore at Orca Point Lodge on Colt Island and enjoy a feast that includes grilled wild Alaska salmon, chicken, corn on the cob, rice pilaf, coleslaw, fresh-hot rolls and desserts. The lodge offers peaceful seclusion with modern comforts in a remote wilderness setting. Be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes and take a stroll along the beach during your one-hour visit.
- Finally, re-board the catamaran for the 30-minute return cruise to Auke Bay.
- Conclude your tour and return by narrated motor coach ride to your cruise ship in Juneau's Harbor.
- This tour is available to all ages. Since it involves a boat/vessel, infants under 3 years of age must have a child's ticket.
- Wheelchairs need to be standard size and collapsible; no electric wheelchairs/scooters are permitted. Guests must be able to board and disembark the motor coach on their own, but the vessel is accessible and wheelchair may go onboard.
- This excursion is stroller accessible. However, some portions of the tour may require Guests to fold accompanying strollers. Lightweight strollers are recommended.
- Guests should dress warmly, in layers, and carry raingear.
- Guests are encouraged to bring currency and credit cards to purchase extras, such as souvenirs or snacks.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.