At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Nature Adventures and Family Adventures|
|Duration:||2.5 to 3 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$579 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$579 (ages 2 to 9)|
|Infant Price:||$0 (ages 0 to 1)|
|Ages:||All Ages (recommended 5 and older) and All Ages (2 and up charged)|
- Board your transportation at the pier. A short transfer brings you to the heliport where, following a safety video, you are outfitted with glacier boots and loaded onto the helicopter. Once airborne, fly for approximately 15 minutes over the lush rainforest, deep blue crevasses and glacier-carved peaks. Your pilots will give you a spectacular flight-seeing tour as you travel to our dogsled camp on the Mendenhall Glacier. This will be your first opportunity to view 240 excited Alaskan Huskies and their puppies.
- Leave your aircraft behind to become acquainted with the world of "mushing" and dog sledding. You have the option to either stand on the sled and mush, or relax in the sled and observe the breathtaking environment around you during approximately 25 minutes on the trails. This authentic Alaskan adventure allows you to meet the professional mushers and their friendly dogs who have made the Iditarod Dog Race famous. Don't forget to visit the puppies as well.
- After your approximate 1-hour visit to the dog camp, re-board the helicopter and take in the stunning views on your way back to heliport. There, don't miss out on the opportunity to take a photo of the largest mounted Coastal Brown Bear figure in Southeast Alaska, before taking your transportation back to the ship.
- Guests weighing 250 pounds or more, with all clothing and camera equipment, are required to purchase an additional half-seat at the time of booking. If you need to purchase the surcharge, please complete your regular booking logged in, then send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and place your reservation number along with word "Helicopter Surcharge" on the comment field. Please note which port-of-call and tour you have booked and who will need a surcharge. Surcharge bookings will be added to the reservation and extra space will be guaranteed on the helicopter.
- Infants up to 24-months old can be considered a lap-child and should be added to the parent's weight (surcharge is in effect). On their 2nd birthday, the child is required by the FAA to have a seat and should be charged accordingly.
- Wheelchairs (collapsible or electric) are not permitted. Tour operators will deny participation to Guests arriving in wheelchairs or electric scooters.
- This tour may cancel at anytime during the day of departure due to inclement weather conditions; a full refund will be issued.
- All guests must be able to get in/out of helicopter with minimal assistance, as well as walk a minimum of 100 feet over uneven snow. Guests are not able to stay in helicopter, as the helicopter will drop them off on the glacier and return to town with other passengers.
- Seating in the helicopter is determined by weight and balance, and is at the sole discretion of the operator. Parties may be separated.
- All times are approximate. Due to increased security, no carry-on bags of any type are allowed on the flight. A secure location will be provided at the heliport for storing personal items.
- Guests are not permitted to use drones, iPads, iPad minis, tablets, Go-Pro Sticks or other extendible items on any of our flight seeing tours.
- Guests should dress warmly, in layers, and carry rain gear (umbrellas are not allowed in the helicopter). In addition comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Guests are encouraged to bring currency and credit cards to purchase extras, such as souvenirs or snacks.
- Due to the extremely limited availability of this shore excursion, Guests are encouraged to book early.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.