At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Sightseeing Adventures and Family Adventures and Signature Collection|
|Duration:||5.5 to 6 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$139 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$79 (ages 5 to 9)|
|Ages:||5 And Up|
- Board an air-conditioned motorcoach and leave behind the colorful town of Kusadasi, traveling approximately 30 minutes through the verdant countryside before arriving at the ancient ruins of Ephesus, considered the most important archeological site in Turkey.
- Begin your approximate 105-minute guided walking tour of the open-air archeological museum of Ephesus and pass by the Magnesia gate, entering the administrative section of ancient Ephesus, one of the most magnificent excavations in the world.
- See the Odeon, the Fountain of Trajan, the steam baths of Scholastika, the temple of Hadrian and the impressive library of Celsus. The library is adorned with columns and statues. The Grand Theater, where St. Paul preached, is one of the largest theaters in antiquity with a capacity of 24,000 seats.
- Continue your tour as you walk through the Arcadian way, where Mark Anthony and Cleopatra once rode in procession.
- Re-board your motorcoach and travel approximately 30 minutes to the village of Sirince (pronounced as she-RIN-jay), a wonderful little Aegean village of 600 inhabitants.
- Enjoy an approximate 20-minute tour of the village, located on the hills at about 1000 feet above sea level. Most of the houses in the village date from the 19th century or earlier and they were built at a time when Sirince was predominantly a Greek village. The village lies in a lovely bowl of hills surrounded by peach orchards, vineyards and olive groves. Villagers make wine and olive oil and are proud of their rich history and heritage.
- Next, arrive at the Artemis Restaurant, a local historic building where today a museum and restaurant operates. Here, children will join Disney Cruise Line youth counselors and take part in a fun Turkish bracelet making activity. This 45-minute activity will give parents an opportunity to enjoy free time to explore the market, sample some fruit wines or taste some local delicacies.
- Return from your leisure time and reunite with your family to enjoy a buffet-style lunch, with an opportunity to sit al fresco and enjoy the beautiful scenery, weather permitting.
- Re-board your motorcoach and take the trip back to Kusadasi, where you'll have the option to join the group for a refreshment stop and a brief carpet presentation or return directly to the ship which is within walking distance.
- Guests must be ambulatory. Wheelchairs (collapsible or electric) are not permitted. Tour operators will deny participation to Guests arriving in wheelchairs or electric scooters.
- The tour includes approximately 2 miles of walking on marble ground, cobblestone, gravel path and over 30 steps. It's an outdoor archaeological site with uneven walkways, steps, inclines, and fallen ruins. This tour is not appropriate for Guests with limited mobility, including the use of walkers or limited ability to climb or negotiate steps.
- Guests are advised to wear flat, comfortable walking shoes.
- The order of tour sites and its durations may vary depending on traffic and overcrowding of venues.
- A "whisper system" headset will be provided during the tour.
- Food and beverage items may include tomato and onion salad, local herbs with olive oil, thickened yogurt, cheese and spinach baked pastry, beef grating potato, baklava, water, tea or coffee. Other beverages and alcoholic beverages are available at an additional cost.
- Temperatures can get extremely high during summer. Guests are encouraged to wear hats, sunglasses, insect repellent and sunscreen lotion, and to stay hydrated. An optional umbrella to create shade is also advisable.
- Guests are encouraged to bring credit cards and currency to purchase optional extras such as souvenirs, food and beverages.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.