At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Sightseeing Adventures and Family Adventures|
|Duration:||5 to 5.5 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$104 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$79 (ages 3 to 9)|
|Infant Price:||$0 (ages 0 to 2)|
|Ages:||All Ages (recommended 12 and older)|
- Meet your guide, board an air-conditioned motorcoach and travel approximately 30 minutes to the small village of Orasac. During your approximate one-hour visit to an old house, which has not changed much through the ages, see the old-fashioned way of producing olive oil, in which the mill is driven by a horse. You'll also have the opportunity to taste some homemade cheese, smoked ham and wine.
- Re-board your motorcoach and travel approximately 45 minutes to the town of Ston, famous for having the largest stone walls in Europe and also being the "oyster capital" of Croatia. This little town is often called a smaller copy of Dubrovnik with its surrounding walls extending approximately 3.6 miles. Construction began in 1317 and was finished only in the 16th century. It is one of the longest defensive walls in the world. Another interesting site in Ston is the ancient salt pans that were in use during the Dubrovnik Republic. Salt is still produced in Ston today.
- Continue your trip to the small village of Ponikve for an approximate 30-minute visit to a local winery. There, adults will be able to taste the famous wines of the "Peljesac" peninsula—both red and white.
- Re-board your motorcoach for the relaxing and scenic drive back to the ship.
- Guests must be ambulatory. Wheelchairs (collapsible or electric) are not permitted. Tour operators will deny participation to Guests arriving in wheelchairs or electric scooters.
- This excursion involves extensive walking and Guests are advised to wear flat, comfortable walking shoes.
- The order of tour sites and its durations may vary depending on traffic and overcrowding of venues.
- A "whisper system" headset will be provided during the tour.
- Food options on this tour may include smoked ham, cheese, local salad, olive oil and wine. Alcoholic beverages available to Guests ages 21 and older only.
- Temperatures can get extremely high during summer. Guests are encouraged to wear hats, sunglasses and sunscreen lotion, and to stay hydrated.
- Guests are encouraged to bring credit cards and currency to purchase optional extras such as souvenirs, food and beverages.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.