At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Sightseeing Adventures and Family Adventures|
|Duration:||4.5 to 5 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$65 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$35 (ages 3 to 9)|
|Infant Price:||$0 (ages 0 to 2)|
- Meet your guide, board an air-conditioned motorcoach and travel approximately 45 minutes on a scenic route toward the seaside resort town of Cavtat.
- En route, stop briefly at a viewpoint, where you can enjoy a magnificent view of Dubrovnik and its riviera.
- Arrive in Cavtat, once the ancient Roman city of Epidaurus. Over the years, Cavtat has become a favorite destination for sailors and yacht enthusiasts. In fact Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson came here during their honeymoon. During your approximate one-hour visit, you'll have the opportunity to take a pleasant walk along the beautiful seafront promenade or peruse the shops and many café clubs located along the coast.
- Depart Cavtat and relax on your scenic drive back toward Dubrovnik along the eastern coast of the Riviera.
- Arrive at Pile Square, the western entrance to the Old Town and start your approximate 75-minute guide walking tour, visiting the 15th century Rector's Palace, which used to be seat of the Government and Rector in the, once independent, Republic of Dubrovnik (abolished by Napoleon in 1808). Today it gives us a taste of how the ruling class and the aristocracy used to live.
- Conclude your guided tour and enjoy approximately one hour of leisure time to explore the city on your own, before meeting back at the designated time and location for the trip back to the ship.
- Wheelchairs need to be standard size and collapsible; no electric wheelchairs/scooters are permitted. Guests must be able to board and disembark the motorcoach on their own. Guests should note that during the visit to the Rector's Palace, the upper floor of the museum is not accessible.
- The order of tour sites and its durations may vary depending on traffic and overcrowding of venues.
- A "whisper system" headset will be provided during the tour.
- Temperatures can get extremely high during summer. Guests are encouraged to wear hats, sunglasses and sunscreen lotion, and to stay hydrated.
- Guests are encouraged to bring credit cards and currency to purchase optional extras such as souvenirs, food and beverages.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.