At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Family Adventures and Sightseeing Adventures|
|Duration:||8 to 8.5 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$98 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$75 (ages 3 to 9)|
|Infant Price:||$0 (ages 0 to 2)|
|Ages:||All Ages (recommended 10 and older)|
- Travel approximately 2.5 hours via air-conditioned motor coach as your guide narrates the region's Mayan history. Note: This tour includes considerable walking, part of which could be on rough or uneven surfaces. Extra caution should be taken.
- Arrive at the ancient dwellings near the border of Belize and explore Dzibanché Ruins. Hidden within the jungle, this site was once known for its beautiful pottery and splendid temples. During your approximate 90—minute visit, you will have the opportunity to climb the tallest temple and get a view of the “temple of the owls” and the ‘temple of the captives.’
- Re-board your motor coach and enjoy a box lunch as you travel approximately 30 minutes to your next site.
- Arrive at the Kohunlich Ruins, named after the native cahoon palm tree that grows fronds up to 40—feet tall, and explore the site during an approximate 100—minute tour led by your guide. The park setting includes a sunken palace, acropolis, ball court and courtyards. But the main attraction is the masks!
- Climb the pyramid-like temple to get a great view of the unique 10—feet high sculpted masks of the Sun God “Kinich Ahau” running up each side of the stairs. Built before 500 A.D., these marvelous masks still retain some of their original colored stucco. Kohunlich's broad range of architecture, natural beauty and expansive, uncrowned seclusion set it apart from the more widely toured sites.
- Re-board the motor coach and travel approximately 2 hours back to the pier.
Important Additional Information
- This tour is only offered on full-day calls.
- Guests must be ambulatory. Wheelchairs (collapsible or electric) are not permitted. Tour operators will deny participation to Guests arriving in wheelchairs or electric scooters.
- This tour includes a 2—hour drive each way without a rest stop. There are no restrooms on the motor coach.
- There is a US$5.00 to US$8.00 (subject to change) government imposed fee for the use of video cameras on the Archeological site. Flash photography, tripods and or professional cameras are not allowed.
- Guests are encouraged to wear comfortable shoes and bring sunscreen, insect repellant, sunglasses, hats and cameras.
- Guests are not allowed to climb some of the ruins for safety reasons.
- Tour timings may vary due to circumstances such as traffic and crowded sites.
- No food is allowed in the site.
- Guests are encouraged to bring currency to purchase extras, such as souvenirs.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.