What procedures do you have in place to minimize the spread of illness aboard your ships?
Health and Safety – Frequently Asked Questions
Disney Cruise Line employs rigorous sanitation standards and consistently receives among the highest possible scores on public health inspections. We also have a comprehensive plan that outlines protocols for managing illness and we closely follow the guidance of public health officials. Some of these procedures include:
- training for all of our Crew Members on how best to prevent the spread of illness on board
- a health questionnaire completed by all Guests and Crew Members before boarding the ship to screen for illness
- extensive cleaning and sanitation of common-area surfaces (e.g., handrails, doorknobs and elevator buttons) as well as of children’s facilities
- comprehensive cleaning of all staterooms twice a day, plus additional disinfection when necessary
- Health Centers on our ships staffed with experienced doctors and nurses and stocked with supplies and medications to treat a variety of illnesses