Help & Support
In order to maintain a safe and secure environment for our Guests and crew, the following are examples of items that Guests are not allowed to bring on board. These and other similar items will be stored upon being found.
- Weapons and firearms (including ammunition, knives—including dive knives—swords, daggers or any other types of weapons) are not allowed onboard under any circumstances
- Realistic replicas of firearms and weapons
- Highly flammable liquids and combustible substances
- Liquid oxygen
- Non prescribed controlled substances, illegal drugs, medically prescribed and synthetic marijuana
- Liquors or spirits (including powdered alcohol) Learn more about the Disney Cruise Line's policy concerning alcoholic beverages.
- Hookah pipes
- Power Tools and Tool boxes (except those tools of the trade utilized by vendors providing services)
- Sporting equipment (i.e., baseball and cricket bats, hockey and lacrosse sticks, pool cues, ski poles, fishing gear and archery equipment.)
- SCUBA equipment (i.e., tanks, spears guns /slings, dive knives, pry bar, and underwater scooter). Masks and Snorkels are allowed.
- Remote controlled helicopters, airplanes, drones, or similar devices
- Kites, balloons, surfboards, wave boards, inflatable floats/pools (including pool noodles), and wagons
- Bicycles, scooters, skateboards, inline & roller skates, any footwear with wheels (i.e. Heely's type shoes) and Segways, or other wheeled mobility devices with less than 3 wheels and devices that cannot maintain stability and balance when stopped, unpowered or unoccupied. Training wheels or similar modifications are not permitted.
- Electrical appliances such as rice cookers, hot plates, coffee makers, electric irons, bottle sterilizer and bottle warmers, electric blankets, electric blenders, etc. Please note: A limited number of approved bottle warmers and bottle sterilizers are available upon request through Guest Services. Also all ships offer laundry facilities with irons and ironing boards. Valet laundry service is also available for a nominal fee.
- Candles & Incense
- DVD, VCR, or Blu ray players or, Playstation, Xbox, and Nintendo Wii gaming systems are not allowed because of compatibility issues with the stateroom TVs
- Musical instruments
- Large Ice Coolers (Please note: small, personal-sized coolers, no larger than 12" x 12" x 12" brought onboard for the purpose of housing medications are permitted as carry-on luggage.)
- Homemade, pre-cooked or other perishable food items plus any open snack containers
- Metal detectors are not allowed on the ship or on Castaway Cay, as any object found using these devices would need to be returned to the owner or donated to charity
- Personal fireworks or pyrotechnics
- Seasonal and celebratory lighting strings
- Extension cords or Surge Protectors
The following items are permitted but with the following restrictions:
- Walkie-talkies and two-way radios (e.g., Motorola, JVC). Please be aware that the amount of steel in the ship's infrastructure may cause some "dead zones" and the radios may not transmit in these areas.
- A small portable fan. However, please contact Guest Services to have the Chief Electrician approve the use of your particular appliance in the stateroom.
- Coast Guard approved personal flotation devices (PFDs) and flotation sewn into the bathing suit for safety. However, recreational floating devices such as floats, rafts and fun noodles cannot be brought on board and are not permitted in the pools or on Castaway Cay.
- Golf clubs, as long as they are stored in your stateroom.