At a Glance
|Location:||Deck 11, Midship|
|Hours of Operation:||Varies; Please check the Personal Navigator while onboard for specific times|
Donald's Pool, one of 3 freshwater pools on the Disney Fantasy, is located on Deck 11, Midship. Here, families can enjoy a dip in the pool or relax poolside where they can soak up some sun while out at sea.
With a maximum depth of 5 feet, Donald's Pool is a playful area that features:
- A colorful rendering of a smiling Donald Duck on the pool bottom
- Deck chairs, available on a first-come, first-served basis
- Games, activities and deck parties (led by Crew Members) at various times daily
- Fun for both parents and kids, allowing the entire family to cool off and make new friends
Once onboard, please check the Personal Navigator for the activities schedule.
Donald's Pool Area Stage and Dance Floor
Donald's Pool area is home to a stage where many daytime deck activities and nighttime deck parties take place. During these events, an automated floor slides out and seamlessly covers both Donald's Pool and Mickey's Pool, allowing Guests more deck space to enjoy the festivities—or as Donald would say, "enough space for Guests to spread their wings."
Located next to Donald's Pool is Flo's Café, a quick-service eatery themed after the Disney animated feature film Cars and featuring the following themed food stations:
- Tow-Mater's Grill
- Luigi's Pizza
- Fillmore's Favorites
In addition, you can cool off with sweet desserts from the following stations:
- Eye Scream Treats ice cream station, based on Mike Wazowski from the Pixar film Monsters, Inc.
- Frozone Treats, a smoothie bar named after Frozone from the Disney film The Incredibles
Please note that food and beverages are not allowed in the pools or whirlpool spas.
Exact operating hours are soon to be determined. Please check the Personal Navigator—the Disney Cruise Line daily newsletter detailing all there is to see and do—for the most accurate times while onboard.
Funnel Vision – Jumbo Screen Television
Above the Donald Pool—atop the Forward Funnel on Deck 11—is a state-of-the-art, 24-by-14-foot LED screen called Funnel Vision. Families are invited to sit back, relax and enjoy popular entertainment, including:
- Classic Disney animated features or live-action movies
- TV shows and major sporting and broadcast events, which are screened throughout the day
Check the Personal Navigator once onboard for the most accurate schedule and show times.
Permissions and Restrictions
The United States Public Health Service requires that only children who are toilet trained be permitted to enter swimming pools onboard cruise ships. Additionally, while Guests may use some flotation devices aboard the Disney Fantasy, please be aware of the following guidelines:
- Permitted: Coast Guard personal flotation devices (PFDs), water wings and flotation sewn into bathing suits can be brought onboard and are permitted in Donald's Pool
- Not Permitted: Floats, rafts and fun noodles cannot be brought onboard and are not permitted in the pools
As a courtesy, complimentary pool vests are now available on the pool decks aboard all ships. These vests can only be worn by children in the swimming pools to help with flotation, and must not be taken ashore at ports of call, including Castaway Cay. Please note that pool vests are not a substitute for the lifejackets located in Guest staterooms, nor are they a substitution for adult supervision.
Please note that snorkel equipment and swim goggles are not permitted in pools, hot tubs or water-play areas.
Fun Facts & Tips
The swimming pools on Disney ships are heated when the water temperature drops below 75 degrees.
The pools are a great place to have fun when the ship is in port and you want to remain onboard.
Disney Cruise Line repurposes air conditioning condensation to clean the outer decks of the ships, saving more than 22 million gallons of fresh water yearly.
Disney Cruise Line ships convert seawater into freshwater for numerous uses, including filling each of the pools and water play areas our guests enjoy.