At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Sightseeing Adventures and Family Adventures and Nature Adventures|
|Duration:||4 to 4.5 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$95 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$49 (ages 3 to 9)|
|Infant Price:||$0 (ages 0 to 2)|
- Board an air-conditioned bus and travel approximately 30 minutes to the Victoria Butterfly Gardens.
- Enjoy an approximate 50-minute special tour for the entire family, as you stroll in the warm atmosphere of the Victoria Butterfly Gardens. Learn about the life of a butterfly while you wonder amidst the lushness of this unique garden setting. Many different types of butterflies will flit past you as you discover facts about their lifecycle, lifespan and dwellings.
- Re-board the bus for a short 10-minute transfer to the Butchart Gardens, a world famous National Historic Site of Canada.
- Once at Butchart Gardens, enjoy approximately 90-minutes of self-guided touring and see how Jennie Butchart transformed a worked out quarry site left behind by her husband's cement business into a 55 acre display garden that is considered one of the world's best known horticultural attractions Still privately owned, the Gardens have become a family commitment to horticulture and hospitality, for more than 100 years. From the exquisite Sunken Gardens to the Rose Garden, this show garden still maintains the gracious English tradition of gardening, in one of the loveliest corners of the world. Note: this tour includes approximate 1.5 miles of walking over level pathways, paving stones or gravel terrain, part of which could be stairs or cobblestones. Comfortable walking shoes are highly recommended.
- Meet back at the designated place and reboard your motor coach, traveling back to the pier.
- Guests should keep in mind that during the 2012 Alaska voyages out of Seattle, the Disney Wonder will visit Victoria during the evening of the last day on the cruise.
- This tour is wheelchair accessible. Guests should notify Disney Cruise Line prior to the beginning of their voyage so that a lift-equipped bus is reserved. Folding or collapsible wheelchairs will be transported in the luggage compartment of the bus.
- Guests should dress warmly, in layers, and carry raingear.
- The ordered of sites may be reversed.
- Please note that during the evening hours butterflies may be less active.
- Guests are encouraged to bring currency and credit cards to purchase extras, such as souvenirs or snacks.
- Due to the extremely limited availability of this shore excursion, Guests are encouraged to book early.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.