At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Signature Collection and Nature Adventures and Sightseeing Adventures and Family Adventures|
|Duration:||3.5 to 4 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$180 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$120 (ages 5 to 9)|
|Ages:||5 And Up|
- Board a vintage rail car right on your cruise ship pier for a fully narrated trip aboard the historic White Pass & Yukon Route. Against all odds, the iron trail was carved through some of the North's most rugged terrain in 1898.This engineering wonder climbs nearly 3,000 feet over 20 miles of steep grades and cliff-hanging turns.
- Relax in vintage railcars, as your tour guide retraces the original route to the White Pass summit, passing Bridal Veil Falls, Inspiration Point and Dead Horse Gulch.
- See the original Klondike Trail of '98 worn into the rocks, a permanent tribute to the thousands of souls who passed this way in search of fortune. Note: This is a round trip; Guests will not disembark the train.
- Arrive at the summit, where the engines will reposition, and kids will be separated from their parents (optional) and gather in the exclusive activity car for the southbound journey of sing alongs, I-Spy game, activities and stories of the gold rush. On their private car, they'll be joined by an exclusive Railroader Guide and accompanied by Disney Cruise Line Youth Activities Counselors (geared towards ages 5 through 9). Equipped with binoculars, the children will have the opportunity to scan the mountainous terrain in search of items on I-Spy Bingo. Meanwhile, the rest of the family will enjoy a champagne or sparkling cider toast and receive a Christmas ornament of distinction, to welcome them into the "White Pass Summit Club". Note: Children will only be separated from the adults during the southbound journey. While staying at the carriage next door, parents who choose to allow their children to participate in this experience will be separate for the entire 90-minute descending journey. Visual (through glass doors) and voice (via radios) communication is the only method available, if necessary.
- Arrive back in Skagway where historical fun and exploring awaits!
- Wheelchairs (collapsible or electric) are not permitted. Tour operators will deny participation to Guests arriving in wheelchairs or electric scooters.
- Guests should dress warmly, in layers, and carry rain gear.
- Guests are encouraged to bring currency to purchase extras such as souvenirs. Credit cards are not accepted on the White Pass train.
- Due to the extremely limited availability of this shore excursion, Guests are encouraged to book early.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.