At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Family Adventures and Sightseeing Adventures|
|Duration:||3 to 3.5 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$75 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$49 (ages 3 to 9)|
|Infant Price:||$0 (ages 0 to 2)|
On this tour you will:
- Board your motorcoach for a quick transfer to the Klondike Gold Fields where you will be immersed in the wild history of the Klondike Gold Rush. "Travel back in time" through history as photographs, artifacts and interpretive displays bring the past to life.
- Meet our musher for a video presentation that introduces you to dogs of the Klondike Gold Rush and highlights winter dog sledding of today. On your way to meet the Iditarod sled dogs and their puppies, stop by the checkpoint tent with your musher. Here you are introduced to all the gear a musher and dog team takes with them on a long distance race like the Iditarod. Guests are invited to interact with the dogs and hold the puppies!
- Feel the cold of an Iditarod race and experience the thrill of 40 below! After suiting up in a parka and additional warm layers, step into a cold chamber with a guide and sit on an ice throne to experience other unique features of the extreme cold.
- Your gold rush experience isn't complete until you meet a cast of costumed characters for fun and a chance to find your fortune at the Klondike Gold Fields. Learn the art of gold panning and practice your technique in warm-water troughs.
- Enjoy leisure time to browse in the Gold Parlor for fine jewelry, gold nuggets and gold gifts galore! Following your tour, visit the Gold Rush Restaurant and Brewery for a sample of homemade root beer and brews or just relax along the river and enjoy the mountain views before returning back to the pier.
Important Additional Information
- This tour is wheelchair accessible. Guests should notify Disney Cruise Line at (800) 951-3532, (407) 566-7000 (for international Guests), or via email at email@example.com prior to the beginning of their voyage so that a lift-equipped bus is reserved. While gold panning is accessible, Guests will not be able to go up the dredge, only see it from the outside.
- This excursion is stroller accessible. However, some portions of the tour may require Guests to fold accompanying strollers. In addition, lightweight strollers are recommended.
- Guests should dress warmly, in layers, and carry raingear.
- Guests are encouraged to bring currency and credit cards to purchase extras, such as souvenirs or snacks available for purchase at the site.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.