At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Nature Adventures and Family Adventures|
|Duration:||3 to 3.5 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$132 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$125 (ages 3 to 9)|
|Infant Price:||$0 (ages 0 to 2)|
- Meet your friendly guides at the dock and head out of Skagway. Your guides will give you a narrated account of its rich Gold Rush history and present-day community. Then, you can relax during the 9-mile (approximately 40 minutes) seaside drive to the northern most point of the Lynn Canal, the Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park and our Musher's Camp.
- Switch into our thrilling 4x4 Unimog vehicles and be driven up 1.5 miles of off-road fun. At the top you will meet the dogs and climb onto a wheeled sled custom made for running during the snow-less summer months. The husky team will whisk you along a one-mile, wooded trail through some of the Southeast Alaska's beautiful temperate rainforest.
- Meet a fun dog musher and learn about the hard work, dedication and energy involved in this wonderful and rewarding sport.
- Before you leave, don't forget to snuggle with our adorable husky puppies and enjoy some free time to visit with the dogs. You can inspect the racing gear and equipment and, of course, remember to snap some photos memorializing this truly unique Alaskan adventure, before travelling back to the pier.
- Wheelchairs need to be standard size and collapsible; no electric wheelchairs/scooters are permitted. Guests must be able to board and disembark the motor coach on their own as well as walk comfortably over gravel terrain.
- Guests should dress warmly, in layers and carry rain gear.
- Snacks served may include lemonade, hot chocolate, apple cider and coffee.
- Guests are encouraged to bring currency and credit cards to purchase extras, such as souvenirs or snacks.
- Due to the extremely limited availability of this shore excursion, Guests are encouraged to book early.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.