At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Sightseeing Adventures and Family Adventures and Nature Adventures|
|Duration:||3.5 to 4 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$69 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$49 (ages 3 to 9)|
|Infant Price:||$0 (ages 0 to 2)|
- Board a motorcoach for an approximately half-hour journey along the Rainforest Coast to the Alaska Raptor Center. During this narrated journey, Guests will have the opportunity to see Mount Edgecumbe volcano (weather dependent), Russian-made Swan Lake and a National Cemetery.
- Arrive at the Alaska Raptor Center and enjoy a guided tour of the exhibits containing bald eagles, owls, falcons and other birds of prey.
- Experience an up-close encounter when the center staff exhibits this national bird during a “bird-on-the-glove” program to conclude your approximately hour-long visit.
- Reboard your motorcoach for a short, narrated journey to the Sitka National Historical Park, also known as Totem Park.
- Explore the natural Alaskan rainforest inside Sitka National Historical Park through a short guided optional walk focusing on edible and medicinal plants, historic totems and rainforest ecology.
- Following the walk, explore the park museum to learn more about the ancient Tlingit people and the Russian exploration of the area.
- Reboard your motorcoach for a brief, guided journey into the heart of downtown Sitka as you pass the Russian Bishop’s House, St. Michael’s Cathedral and Sitka Pioneer Home on your way to the Community House—Sheet’ka Kwaan Naa Kahidi.
- Arrive at the Tlingit Clan house to experience an educational and entertaining heritage experience displaying Tlingit culture and storytelling through dance, songs and native clothing.
- Conclude your visit by having the opportunity to explore downtown Sitka or return to the motorcoach for a dropoff at the port shuttle center. Note: Guests on the afternoon departure will meet for their tour at the downtown area. Guests should take the complimentary shuttle from the ship to explore the town at leisure in the morning if so desired, before meeting for their tour at the designated location printed on their ticket.
- This tour is wheelchair accessible. Guests should notify Disney Cruise Line at (800) 951-3532, (407) 566-7000 (for international Guests), or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the beginning of their voyage so that a lift-equipped bus is reserved.
- This excursion is stroller accessible. However, some portions of the tour may require Guests to fold accompanying strollers. Lightweight strollers are recommended.
- Guests should dress warmly, in layers, and carry raingear.
- The order of sites may vary.
- Guests are encouraged to bring currency and credit cards to purchase extras, such as souvenirs or snacks.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.