On this tour you will:
- Travel for approximately 15 minutes by boat out to Erinia Cove on the volcanic island of Nea Kameni.
- Step onto the Dauphin lava flow and start walking over volcanic dried sand and lava fragments following your guide up to the summit, during the approximate one-hour hike, for beautiful sites of the caldera before trekking back down to the boat following the same route.
- Reboard your boat for a short 15-minute trip to volcanic hot springs named “Palea Kameni”. The springs are located close to shore on an open-water cove.
- Spend approximately 45 minutes in the area where you can choose to swim (entering the water from the anchored boat) in the warm, mineral-rich seawaters—with some areas reaching 95° F (35° C).
- Climb back onboard the vessel and cruise approximately 30 minutes by boat to the harbor of Fira. There you can choose to take a cable car trip (round-trip ticket included) up 886 feet (270 meters) to the cliffside town or return to the ship via tender launches. Note: Guests may experience long lines on the cable car going up or down.
Important Additional Information
- Guests must be ambulatory. Wheelchairs (collapsible or electric) are not permitted. Tour operators will deny participation to Guests arriving in wheelchairs or electric scooters.
- Guests are expected to be reasonably physically fit and be able to walk approximately one mile over loose gravel, uneven/volcanic surfaces.
- Swimming in the thermal springs requires Guests to be comfortable swimming in open water and it is always at the guest’s discretion. Swimming of up to 50 yards there and back may be required depending on anchorage and weather conditions.
- Life jackets are provided on board for emergency purposes only and not available for swimming. A lifeguard will be provided.
- Guests choosing to swim should wear their swimsuit and bring towels. Comfortable closed-toe shoes are essential for the hike.
- Temperatures can get extremely high during summer. Guests are encouraged to wear hats, sunglasses, insect repellent and sunscreen lotion, and to stay hydrated. An optional umbrella to create shade is also advised.
- Guests are encouraged to bring currency and credit cards to purchase extras, such as souvenirs or snacks.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.