At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Sightseeing Adventures|
|Duration:||7.5 to 8 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$399 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$249 (ages 3 to 9)|
|Infant Price:||$0 (ages 0 to 2)|
|Ages:||All Ages (recommended 10 and older)|
On this tour you will:
- Board a private tender launch for a special photo opportunity as you journey pass the Palea and Nea Kameni islands to see the volcano that formed them in the bay of Santorini.
- Head to the port and board an air-conditioned motorcoach for an approximate half-hour ride to the Akrotiri Archaeological excavation site.
- Explore with your guide the Bronze Age town of Akrotiri for approximately 1.5 hours seeing archaeological excavations of the Minoan Era town with its multi-story houses, shops and well-preserved cobblestone streets.
- Reboard your motorcoach for the relaxing and picturesque journey to Oia, a cliff-side village featuring panoramic views of steep cliffs and nearby islands.
- Arrive at Oia, where you’ll have approximately an hour on your own to explore the city, relax in a coffee shop or enjoy the panoramic views of the bay of Santorini, the volcano and the blue rooftops that made Greece so famous.
- Reboard your motorcoach for an approximate half-hour journey to Sigalas winery. Tour the winery production facilities and taste local wine and snacks including hard bread, cheese and tomato fritters.
- Conclude your approximate 45-minute visit and relax on an approximate 30-minute ride to Fira town, high above the ship and the port.
- Follow your guide to one of the most popular restaurant in Fira, which overlooks the caldera, and relax for the afternoon with a selection of local cuisine and drinks.
- Once you complete your meal, guests are at leisure to explore Fira.
- Finally, take the cable car down the cliff (one-way ticket included) and take the local tender launch to the ship. Note: Guests may experience long lines on the cable car going up or down.
Important Additional Information
- Guests must be ambulatory. Wheelchairs (collapsible or electric) are not permitted. Tour operators will deny participation to Guests arriving in wheelchairs or electric scooters.
- Guests are expected to be reasonably physically fit and be able to walk approximately 2 miles over uneven surfaces and over 20 steps.
- The order of sites may vary.
- Temperatures can get extremely high during summer. Guests are encouraged to wear hats, sunglasses, insect repellent and sunscreen lotion, and to stay hydrated. An optional umbrella to create shade is also advised.
- The menu at the Winery may include hard bread, cheese and tomato fritters. At the restaurant the menu may include ouzo, bottled wine or beer, vinsanto, canapés, Portobello mushrooms, grilled eggplant, shrimps, Greek salad, baby lamb or salmon in mustard champagne sauce and dessert of chocolate cake or yogurt with fresh fruits. Alcoholic beverages may be served to Guests ages 21 and older only. Soft drinks are available for Guests ages 20 and under.
- A “whisper system” headset will be provided during the tour.
- Guests are encouraged to bring currency and credit cards to purchase extras, such as souvenirs or snacks.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.