At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Sightseeing Adventures and Family Adventures|
|Duration:||4 to 4.5 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$79 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$49 (ages 3 to 9)|
|Infant Price:||$0 (ages 0 to 2)|
On this tour you will:
- Board a tender boat and travel to shore (Athinios pier), where you’ll board your air-conditioned motorcoach for an approximate half-hour ride to the Akrotiri archaeological excavation site.
- Explore with your guide the Bronze Age town of Akrotiri for approximately 1.5 hours seeing archaeological excavations of the Minoan Era town with multi-story houses, shops and well-preserved cobblestone streets. The excavations started in 1930 by Professor Marinatos, who in 1967 unearthed a town buried within the pumice of the volcanic eruption of 1450 BC.
- Journey from ancient Akrotiri to the village of Akrotiri for an approximate half-hour tour exploring one of the 5 fortified settlements created during medieval times.
- Reboard your motorcoach for an approximate half-hour journey to the cliffside town of Fira.
- Follow your guide to Mitropolis church (uphill walking involved), where he/she will point out the way to the cable car (pedestrian zone). Choose to return to the ship or stay in town exploring during some leisure time.
- Take the cable car down the cliff (one-way ticket included) and take the local tender launch to the ship. Note: Guests may experience long lines on the cable car going up or down.
Important Additional Information
- Guests must be ambulatory. Wheelchairs (collapsible or electric) are not permitted. Tour operators will deny participation to Guests arriving in wheelchairs or electric scooters.
- Guests are expected to be reasonably physically fit and be able to walk approximately 1.5 miles over uneven surfaces.
- The order of sites may vary.
- Temperatures can get extremely high during summer. Guests are encouraged to wear hats, sunglasses, insect repellent and sunscreen lotion, and to stay hydrated. An optional umbrella to create shade is also advised.
- A “whisper system” headset will be provided during the tour.
- Guests are encouraged to bring currency and credit cards to purchase extras, such as souvenirs or snacks.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.