At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Sightseeing Adventures and Nature Adventures and Active Adventures|
|Duration:||6 to 6.5 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$109 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$89 (ages 6 to 9)|
|Ages:||6 And Up|
- Begin your day with an approximate 75-minute relaxing ride to the entrance of El Yunque, the only tropical rainforest in the U.S. National Forest system. Continue your drive through the forest as you listen to commentary and observe natural wonders for approximately 15 minutes. At Yokahu Observation Tower, take a quick stop for fresh air and restrooms before a final short transfer to a higher altitude at the start of the Big Tree Trail System.
- Meet your 2 certified guides, receive a safety orientation and a backpack with a few amenities for you to use during the walk.
- Start your walk along a natural trail and walk into the forest to leave the world behind. The cool fresh air will take over your senses, and the sights and sounds of the wind and water will relax your mind. During your walk, your guide will tell you information about annual rainfall, trees and plant life, birds, spiders, insects, small mammals, rivers, waterfalls, aquatic life, elevations, temperatures and general history behind the rainforest. As the walk progresses, you will see and hear many beautiful sights and sounds, such as a crystal-clear river that flows through the rocks and trees along the walking path. Note: The total distance walked on this tour is 1.7 miles, mainly on a man-made paved trail, with an approximate 252-foot change in altitude each way (down and then up, from 1,860 feet to 1,608 feet at the lowest point) and an incline of 40 degrees at the steepest point.
- Reach the rest point at a fabulous waterfall called La Mina and have the opportunity to relax under the majestic canopy of the rainforest. Enjoy a snack and cold water supplied in your backpack while admiring the beautiful view.
- Conclude your approximate 25-minute break and start the walk back through the natural wonder that is the El Yunque. Total time on the trail is approximately 2 hours.
- Guests must be ambulatory. Wheelchairs (collapsible or electric) are not permitted. Tour operators will deny participation to Guests arriving in wheelchairs or electric scooters.
- This is a semi-athletic activity; this activity is not recommended for Guests who have had open heart surgery, back problems, knee surgery or expectant mothers.
- A lightweight canvas backpack (one per guest for use on the tour only) is provided with a clean towel, a snack bar and bottle of water.
- Guests are recommended to wear t-shirts, lightweight jackets, shorts and swimming apparel (change of dry clothes). Walking boots, high top shoes or hiking boots. Please note that a change of shoes may be needed if the trail conditions are wet or muddy.
- Guests are recommended to bring a plastic bag or bag for wet or muddy items and slip-on water shoes for the wade into the waterfall (rocky area). Botanical-based insect repellant will be provided.
- Please note this is a rainforest and it rains in an average of 4 times a day, we suggest you bring rain slickers or ponchos.
- Guests are recommended to leave behind jewelry, watches, bracelets, radios, walkmans or anything that may disturb the surrounding environment. Smoking and/or drinking alcoholic beverages is not permitted.
- Guests are encouraged to bring credit cards and currency to purchase optional extras such as souvenirs and/or snacks.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected from you. However, it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of service at restaurants, taxis, and for exceptional excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you as to what you feel is appropriate.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.