At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Family Adventures and Signature Collection and Sightseeing Adventures|
|Duration:||5.5 to 6 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$89 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$59 (ages 5 to 9)|
|Ages:||5 And Up|
- Board your air-conditioned motorcoach for an approximately half-hour ride through the city, along the coast and through picturesque villages. Pass orange groves, lemon groves, vineyards and olive trees before arriving at the town of Lindos, founded by the Dorians led by the king Tlepolemus of Rhodes, who arrived around the 10th century BC.
- Enjoy an approximate one-mile, 105-minute guided walking tour of approximately one mile through the village of Lindos. Then, climb 292 steps up to the base of the Acropolis, which features breathtaking vistas.
- Explore the Acropolis of Lindos, the 4th century BC Doric temple of Athena Lindia, which includes a Byzantine church and fortress of the Knights.
- Conclude your visit with a walk back down the stairs to the town, where you’ll have approximately one hour of free time to explore Lindos Village and get a snack, on your own.
- Return to the motorcoach for a short 15-minute journey to a local ceramic factory, where you’ll have the opportunity to decorate/paint a small vase or plate, using examples of Greek drawings and design.
- Take this great memento of your fun, family activity with you and reboard your motorcoach for an approximate half-hour ride back to the port.
- Guests must be ambulatory. Wheelchairs (collapsible or electric) are not permitted. Tour operators will deny participation to Guests arriving in wheelchairs or electric scooters.
- Guests are expected to be reasonably physically fit and be able to walk approximately one mile and 292 steps uphill and down over uneven and rocky paths.
- Guests may be required to wait in long lines to enter the site.
- Temperatures can get extremely high during summer. Guests are encouraged to wear hats, sunglasses, insect repellent and sunscreen lotion, and to stay hydrated. An optional umbrella to create shade is also advisable.
- A “whisper system” headset will be provided during the tour.
- Each Guest, adult and child, will receive a choice of a small plate or vase to decorate and take it as a souvenir.
- Guests are encouraged to bring currency and credit cards to purchase extras, such as souvenirs or snacks.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.