At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Sightseeing Adventures|
|Duration:||3.5 to 4 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$89 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$49 (ages 3 to 9)|
|Infant Price:||$0 (ages 0 to 2)|
|Ages:||All Ages (recommended 10 and older)|
On this tour you will:
- Board your air-conditioned motorcoach for an approximately half-hour narrated journey to historic Filerimos, one of Rhodes’ most beautiful areas.
- Arrive in Filerimos and explore the area situated among cypress, oak and maritime pine trees during the approximate 45-minute visit. On the way up the hill via the ancient road to the Acropolis, you’ll see the foundations of the temple of Zeus and Athena. On top you'll find the beautiful church, dedicated to our Lady. This monastery, Moni Filerimou with its beautiful domed chapels decorated with the Cross of the Knights, was destroyed under the Turks and rebuilt by the Italians who installed Capuchin monks in it. They built lovely walkways and quiet corridors.
- Reboard your coach and travel for approximately 30 minutes to the town of Kallithea, with its unique combination of nature, architecture and history. It is said that Hippocrates, father of all physicians, recommended the healing qualities of Kallithea waters springs. Enjoy approximately 30 minutes of exploration of the beautiful scenery or choose to peruse for local souvenirs.
- Reboard your air-conditioned motorcoach for a quick trip to the Esperos Hotel to taste delicious local Rhodean food and wine.
- Enjoy approximately an hour drinking a selection of wines while you taste seasonal salad, local tomatoes, feta cheese, tzatziki, meatballs, squid, octopus, and stuffed cabbage or grape leaves with meat.
- Reboard the motorcoach for an approximately 15-minute trip back to the port.
Important Additional Information
- Guests must be ambulatory. Wheelchairs (collapsible or electric) are not permitted. Tour operators will deny participation to Guests arriving in wheelchairs or electric scooters.
- Guests are expected to be reasonably physically fit and be able to walk approximately 0 .75 miles over uneven and rocky paths.
- Food and beverages are included. Alcoholic beverages may be served to Guests ages 21 and older only. Soft drinks are available for Guests ages 20 and under.
- Temperatures can get extremely high during summer. Guests are encouraged to wear hats, sunglasses, insect repellent and sunscreen lotion, and to stay hydrated. An optional umbrella to create shade is also advisable.
- A “whisper system” headset will be provided during the tour.
- Guests are encouraged to bring currency and credit cards to purchase extras, such as souvenirs or snacks.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.