At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Splashtacular and Family Adventures|
|Duration:||3.5 to 5 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$187.25 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$177.00 (ages 3 to 9)|
|Ages:||3 And Up|
- Take an approximate 25-minute, air-conditioned motor coach drive through Nassau as you make your way to the world-famous Atlantis Resort in Paradise Island.
- Upon your arrival, your guide will escort you to Atlantis' Dolphin Cay — a 14-acre, state-of-the-art facility, home to more than 40 dolphins — and prepare yourself for an unforgettable hands-on, shallow-water dolphin interaction.
- Take in an informative introduction on dolphin behavior, don a wetsuit and immerse yourself in waist-deep water for an approximate 30-minute meet and greet with a live dolphin.
- After your interaction, enjoy a self-guided tour of the "ruins" of ancient Atlantis at The Dig, which is an elaborate replica of an archeological site. Explore a labyrinth of underground passageways where age-old hieroglyphs mingle with large viewing windows filled with exotic marine life — from lion fish and large rays to fierce-looking piranha and gigantic groupers.
- Stroll through Predator Lagoon, where you can get an up-close look at such fearsome fish as sharks and barracudas from the safety of an underwater tunnel and learn about the habits of these creatures of the deep.
- After viewing the marine habitats, feel free to enjoy the rest of the afternoon as you desire; You can visit the casino, if interested, spend some time shopping in the Marina Village or simply wander through the impressive lobby of the Royal Towers.
- After your visit, make your way back to the designated pick-up point and begin the approximate 15-minute drive back to the pier. Note: Return transport runs every half hour and Guests choose their own return time.
- Note: This tour may run in reverse order. The dolphin interaction might not be the first activity undertaken upon arrival at the resort.
- This excursion includes an approximate 15-minute walk to and from the pick-up point and a minimum of 0.5 miles of walking at Atlantis. Because of this, Guests are encouraged to wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Guests are encouraged to bring credit cards to purchase optional extras, such as souvenirs and photographs, or additional food and beverage. Many outlets at Atlantis do not accept cash.
- Wheelchairs need to be collapsible. No electric wheelchairs permitted. Beach wheelchairs available at Dolphin Cay for duration of interaction. Wheelchairs are permitted at Dolphin Cay.
- The Shallow Water Interaction is approximately 90-minutes long and includes: Time to change into swim gear, an orientation with by a Marine Mammal Specialist, a 30-minute dolphin shallow water interaction and an opportunity to view and purchase photographs. Additionally, complimentary wet suits, towels, bottled water/soft drinks, changing rooms, showers and lockers are available at Dolphin Cay only. Young children may need to be held by an adult during participation due to their height and abilities.
- Please note a parent or appointed guardian must participate in the program with children under the age of 10. Children ages 10 and up may participate by themselves if a parent or appointed guardian is booked on the Observer at Atlantis Dolphin Cay & Discover Atlantis Tour.
- This is not a "swim with the dolphins" experience.
- Wetsuits are provided and are required. Participants must wear appropriate swim suits underneath wetsuit.
- For the well-being of the Dolphins, Guests are not permitted to wear tanning oils or excessive amounts of sunscreen during the dolphin interaction.
- Observers of the dolphin interaction must remain on the beach and are not permitted to enter the water.
- Dolphin Cay will make every effort to provide the necessary assistance for persons with special needs and/or physical impairment, so that they can enjoy the experience. However, under the Bahamas Marine Mammal Protection Act of 2005, it is required that a primary attendant be present in the water throughout the interaction.
- Cameras and video recorders are allowed at Dolphin Cay, but are not allowed in the water at the Dolphin Lagoons. However, observers can take pictures and record video from the beach.
- Programs are only cancelled in the event of lightning storms; they will continue to operate under all other weather conditions.
- This excursion is not suitable for expectant mothers.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.