At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Family Adventures and Nature Adventures and Sightseeing Adventures|
|Duration:||3 to 3.5 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$49 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$32 (ages 3 to 9)|
|Infant Price:||$0 (ages 0 to 2)|
- Take a 15-minute narrated drive in an air-conditioned bus to Ardastra Gardens, located just outside Nassau's city centre. Along the way, see the House of Parliament, Supreme Court and other historical buildings. Continue on towards Government House and, Graycliff Restaurant and Hotel, rich in history, having housed such guests as the Duke and Dutchess of Windsor, various Lords & Ladies, and Winston Churchill.
- Spend approximately 105 minutes exploring the 4-and-half-acre gardens which are home to lush tropical gardens and over 200 birds, reptiles and mammals. The Ardastra Gardens is home to a collection of endangered land animals and features the Bahamas national bird, the beautiful and exotic Caribbean Flamingo. Here you will participate in the "Flamingo Experience", a unique show of the glory and antics of these incredible creatures together with an excellent narration of their story.
- You will also hand-feed the colourful and playful South Pacific Lory Parrots and have numerous photographic opportunities with "Toby" the Cockatoo, "Jackie" the Snake and "Freddy" the Peacock. While walking the Gardens, staff will answer questions while two-legged feathered friends will freely entertain.
- Enjoy an approximate 45-minute narrated tour around the city of Nassau. Along your tour, pass such places as Arawak Cay, where Guests will have a perfect opportunity to take photographs of the natural beauty of the Bahamas, the Pompey Museum, Nassau's Straw Market and Rawson Square.
- After completing your tour, it is just a short 10-minute walk back to the ship.
Important Additional Information
- This excursion includes an approximate 15-minute walk to and from the pick-up point. Because of this, Guests are encouraged to wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Wheelchairs need to be standard size and collapsible; no electric wheelchairs permitted. Additionally, there are some steps at Ardastra Gardens, but most can be avoided by alternative pathways, primarily made of concrete or grass.
- This excursion is stroller accessible. However, some portions of the tour may require Guests to fold accompanying strollers. Lightweight strollers are recommended.
- A cold beverage (sparkling soda/water) is included. Additionally, snacks and beverages are available for purchase.
- Guests are encouraged to bring credit cards or credit card to purchase optional extras such as souvenirs.
- Due to extreme limited availability of this excursion, Guests are encouraged to book early.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants and taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
- Service animals are not allowed on this tour due to zoological safety & health requirements.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.