Snuba Key West (K20)Location: Key West
At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Splashtacular and Active Adventures and Nature Adventures|
|Duration:||2.5 to 3 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$115 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$115 (ages 8 to 9)|
|Ages:||8 And Up|
On this tour you will:
- Begin your adventure right on the pier, where you will be greeted by your friendly crew and Miss Sunshine, a 33-foot power catamaran
- Upon boarding the catamaran, take the 30-minute ride to the reef or the best Snuba location on the day of your dive. En route, Guests will be divided into 2 groups, with a maximum of 6 participants per Dive Master. Your Dive Master will give you a safety briefing and instructions on how to Snuba.
- Snuba is very simple and gives you the advantages of not having to wear cumbersome dive gear while still experiencing the underwater world in free form. You simply breathe through a scuba regulator that is connected to an air tank which floats in a raft on the surface and follows you while you swim underwater. This gives you the benefit of being able to stay underwater as long as you want, having the flexibility to stay at any depth you feel comfortable. This tour will have a maximum depth of 20 feet.
- Once geared up, you will enter the water from the back of the catamaran and practice your skills with your Dive Master before setting off on your unique underwater adventure. During your approximate 25-minute exploration, see coral formations and a variety of tropical fish.
- Upon surfacing, re-board the Miss Sunshine and enjoy a freshwater shower and complimentary beverage as you make your way back to the pier.
Important Additional Information
- Guests must be ambulatory. Wheelchairs (collapsible or electric) are not permitted. Tour operators will deny participation to Guests arriving in wheelchairs or electric scooters.
- For safety reasons, expectant mothers and Guests with severe cold or congestion, history of respiratory problems or disease, diabetes, history of seizures, dizziness or fainting, history of heart condition (e.g. cardiovascular angina, heart attack), ear infection, recent operation, asthma, emphysema, tuberculosis, nervous system disorder, chronic illness, sinus problems, taking Beta Blockers are not allowed to participate.
- No previous snorkeling or dive experience is necessary; however Guests must be comfortable swimming in open water.
- Snuba location may change dependant on weather and sea conditions.
- A beverage of bottled water or soda is included.
- Guests are encouraged to bring sunscreen, additional clothing, cameras and /or backpacks. Guests should bring towels from the ship.
- Guests are encouraged to bring local currency to purchase optional extras such as photographs.
- Due to the extremely limited availability of this excursion, Guests are encouraged to book early.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.