At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Splashtacular and Active Adventures and Nature Adventures|
|Duration:||3.5 to 4 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$95 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$85 (ages 5 to 9)|
|Ages:||5 And Up|
On this tour you will:
- Take a short walk down the pier to your comfortable boat, for an approximate 20-minute ride to the Key West National Wildlife Refuge. This refuge is home to a vast array of beautiful marine life and small outlaying islands which dot the horizon.
- After a short safety briefing, arrive at the platform which is strategically moored in the best snorkel and kayaking location in the marine sanctuary. Begin your approximate 45-minute kayak adventure by paddling through the winding mangroves while your guide points out the local wildlife as you glide through the Keys' beautiful blue-green waters.
- Next, spend approximately 45-minutes snorkeling in the shallow waters where you can see many different species of tropical fish darting around the numerous sponges and corals on a patch reef and/or a sunken shipwreck. (Snorkel location will be chosen based on weather and sea conditions for best snorkel experience.)
- Back onboard the boat, cruise to a special area known to the locals as the "Dolphin Playground". This area is home to a resident pod of approximately 100 bottlenose dolphins. Here you may catch a glimpse of the dolphins in their natural habitat, so be sure you have your camera ready to snap a picture of the dolphins jumping and playing.
- Finally, take the approximate 30-minute cruise back to the pier.
Important Additional Information
- Note:This tour will not be offered on 9/30/13, 10/14/13, 10/28/13, 11/11/13, 11/25/13 or 12/9/13.
- Dolphin sightings, although highly likely, cannot be guaranteed.
- Guests must be ambulatory. Wheelchairs (collapsible or electric) are not permitted. Tour operators will deny participation to Guests arriving in wheelchairs or electric scooters.
- Water and fruit punch are included in this tour as well as cocktails for adults ages 21 and over, after the completion of kayaking and snorkeling.
- Guests must be comfortable swimming in open water.
- Life vests are provided and compulsory for all Guests.
- Guests are encouraged to bring sunscreen, sunglasses, additional clothing, a hat, a camera and /or backpacks. Guests should bring towels from the ship.
- Due to the extremely limited availability of this excursion, Guests are encouraged to book early.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.