At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Nature Adventures and Family Adventures|
|Duration:||2 to 2.5 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$269 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$219 (ages 2 to 9)|
|Infant Price:||$0 (ages 0 to 1)|
|Ages:||All Ages (recommended for 5 and up)|
- Start with a 15-minute transfer to the waterfront base.
- Board an authentic Alaskan floatplane and soar along the Ketchikan waterfront and the stunning wilderness of Tongass National Forest.
- Discover Misty Fjords National Monument, the nation's second largest wilderness region. This area has been slowly crafted by nature over tens of thousands of years and spans nearly 2 million acres. The enchanted Monument offers dramatic sights on a grand scale, with sheer granite cliffs, waterfalls and crystalline glacial lakes. Approaching Rudyerd Bay, see New Eddystone Rock, a striking volcanic spire and remnant of early geological activity. Midway through your approximately 1-hour total flight, your pilot will land in a pristine lake or in the saltwater inlet of Misty Fjords, so that you can savor the incredible scenery, serenity and sweeping silence of this monumental wilderness while standing on the floats of the plane.
- Be provided with headsets to listen to the pilot's narration, recorded commentary and complementing music, while viewing the passing scenery out of the large windows of the specially equipped floatplanes.
- Arrive back in the base and take the short transfer back to the ship.
- Wheelchairs need to be standard size and collapsible; no electric wheelchairs/scooters are permitted. Guests must be able to board and disembark the motor coach/plane (3 steps) on their own or be lifted by a traveling party member from the chair into the aircraft.
- This tour may cancel at anytime during the day of departure due to inclement weather conditions; a full refund will be issued.
- Each plane accommodates 5, 6 or 10 Guests (children under the age of 2 will be on the lap). Seating in the plane is determined by weight and balance, and is at the sole discretion of the operator. Large parties may be separated.
- Wildlife sightings cannot be guaranteed.
- A souvenir route guide/booklet is provided aiding you in identifying landmarks and scenic highlights.
- All times are approximate.
- Space on the planes is limited, so only small backpacks or bags can be accommodated.
- Guests should dress warmly, in layers, and carry rain gear.
- Guests are encouraged to bring currency and credit cards to purchase extras, such as souvenirs or snacks.
- Due to the extremely limited availability of this shore excursion, Guests are encouraged to book early.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.