On this tour you will:
- Board your air-conditioned motorcoach for an approximately half-hour ride to ancient Olympia, the site of the first Olympic Games in 776 BC.
- Follow your guide on an approximate 90-minute guided tour of Olympia site where you will have the chance to see the Temple of Zeus, Temple of Hera, shrine of Pelops, the treasury, Palaestra and gymnasium. Finish your tour of the site and take a short walk to the Archaeological Museum.
- Enjoy an approximate 1 hour guided tour at the Olympia Archaeological Museum housing famous Greek sculptures, including the famous Hermes of Praxiteles. The museum also includes ancient pieces of armor and bronze figures.
- Reboard your motorcoach for the approximate 25-minute journey into the vineyards at Mercouri. The estate was founded in 1864 when Theodoros Mercouri, a cosmopolitan and successful businessman with interests in Northern Italy but mainly in Alexandria (Egypt), bought land that would eventually became the Mercouri Estate. A few years later, the first vineyard was planted with Refosco grapes imported from Northern Italy. Today, the estate vineyards are located beside the family residence and in 2 nearby locations, with a total area of approximately 45 acres. The land and the climate are particularly well-suited for the production of high-quality wines and the vineyards are certified for Best Farming Practice.
- Take a tour of the vineyards and winery followed by an exclusive wine tasting at one of their cellars, where you’ll taste a variety of their wines and savor a variety of snacks.
- Conclude the approximate 105-minute visit and return to your motorcoach for an approximately 10-minute trip back to the port.
Important Additional Information
- Guests must be ambulatory. Wheelchairs (collapsible or electric) are not permitted. Tour operators will deny participation to Guests arriving in wheelchairs or electric scooters.
- Guests are expected to be reasonably physically fit and be able to walk approximately 1 mile over uneven and rocky paths.
- A “whisper system” headset will be provided during the tour.
- Temperatures can get extremely high during summer. Guests are encouraged to wear hats, sunglasses, insect repellent and sunscreen lotion, and to stay hydrated. An optional umbrella to create shade is also advised.
- Snacks (salami, feta cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, and 6 different types of wines – 2 of each kind) are included in your tour and will be served at the Mercouri Winery.
- Guests are encouraged to bring currency and credit cards to purchase extras, such as souvenirs.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.