At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Signature Collection and Nature Adventures and Family Adventures|
|Duration:||5 to 5.5 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$219 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$149 (ages 5 to 9)|
|Ages:||5 And Up|
- Meet your guide and take a short walk to board the Kalinin Express, a 65-foot water-jet powered vessel.
- Set out aboard a deluxe vessel, for approximately 75 minutes, to explore wilderness passages, quiet bays and the rugged Alaska coastline that is home to an abundance of wildlife. Your knowledgeable Captain will use his understanding of tides, weather and seasonal evolutions to design an expedition uniquely suited to the day. The small group size of no more than 24 guests ensures you will have a personalized adventure.
- The high speed and maneuverability of your water craft will allow you to explore areas unreachable by conventional boat and witness the very best of the Inside Passage's marine and coastal wildlife. Whales, sea lions and brown bears are just a few of the species that thrive in this pristine environment.
- As animals are sighted, the Captain will skillfully maneuver the vessel to provide optimal viewing, and your expert Naturalist will explain their fascinating life-cycles and behaviors. Enjoy the encounter from the comfort of the spacious, window-lined cabin or experience it with all your senses from out on deck.
- Next, go ashore on the remote coast of Admiralty Island. Delight in a quiet exploration of colorful tide pools, trace the meandering tracks of wildlife or settle on a giant beach log to reflect on the stunning beauty around you. Note: Participants must be in good health and able to walk up to 1/2-mile over wet, uneven terrain.
- Your guides will teach you a few essential Alaska wilderness survival skills before you and your fellow explorers begin the relaxing journey back to civilization.
- Continue your whale and wildlife viewing during the approximate 75-minute cruise to Auke Bay.
- Take the approximate 30-minute transfer back to the pier.
- Guests must be ambulatory. Wheelchairs (collapsible or electric) are not permitted. Tour operators will deny participation to Guests arriving in wheelchairs or electric scooters. Guests must be able to navigate a 5-step ladder on and of the boat without assistance.
- Snacks and beverages include on your tour: pastries, locally made chocolate, bottled water, coffee, tea and hot cocoa. Additional snack and beverage selections are available for purchase.
- Guests should dress warmly and in layers. Guests are encouraged to wear a waterproof jacket. Rain ponchos and binoculars will be provided.
- Guests are required to wear closed toe, sturdy footwear.
- Guests are encouraged to bring currency and credit cards to purchase extras, such as souvenirs or snacks.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.