At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Signature Collection and Nature Adventures and Family Adventures|
|Duration:||4 to 4.5 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$729 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$529 (ages 5 to 9)|
|Ages:||5 And Up|
- Board a motor coach for a quick transfer to the Heliport, where you'll receive all the instructions and gear up for this once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- Take off on a helicopter and soar over the massive Juneau ice field and visit a landscape from another world. Experience the spectacular icefalls and rock formations of the Juneau ice field from the air and on foot. Accessible only by air, the region we fly to is filled with lush forests, glassy alpine lakes, jagged mountain peaks, and awe-inspiring glaciers during an approximate 20-minute flight. Find Alaska's unique glaciers in differing stages: advancing, retreating, cascading, or a peculiar floating glacier.
- Land on the Norris Glacier and receive a warm welcome from the crew at Alaska Heli Mush and meet the sled dogs of the Iditarod.
- Tour the camp and see behind-the-scenes areas such as the kennel, the cookhouse, living quarters and veterinary clinic. During this interactive tour you will help prepare your dog team for the day of mushing that lies ahead. After preparing a champion's meal for your new canine companions, watch their enjoyment as you brush their furry coats.
- Assist with the wellness check: carefully inspect the dogs' paws and dose of sunscreen to protect from sunlight reflection off the snow. Once your furry friends are fed and cleared for the trail, you will assist your musher with harnessing and booting your dog team for the trail. Learn the musher's commands of "Hike!" "Gee!" and "Haw!" and head out across the snow-capped glacier!
- Conclude your approximate 2.5 -hour glacier living experience and take off again for another 15 minutes of awe-inspiriting scenery and unparalleled natural beauty, before reaching the heliport and transferring back to the ship.
- Guests weighing 240 pounds or more, with all clothing and camera equipment, are required to purchase an additional half-seat at the time of booking. If you need to purchase the surcharge, please complete your regular booking logged in, then send an e-mail to email@example.com and place your reservation number along with word "Helicopter Surcharge" on the comment field. Please note which port-of-call and tour you have booked and who will need a surcharge. Surcharge bookings will be added to the reservation and extra space will be guaranteed on the helicopter.
- Wheelchairs (collapsible or electric) are not permitted. Tour operators will deny participation to Guests arriving in wheelchairs or electric scooters.
- This tour may cancel at anytime by the operator during the day of departure due to inclement weather conditions; a full refund will be issued.
- Seating in the helicopter is determined by weight and balance, and is at the sole discretion of the operator. Parties may be separated.
- All times are approximate. Due to increased security, no carry-on bags, purses or loose items of any type are allowed on the flight. A secure location will be provided at the heliport for storing personal items.
- Guests are not permitted to use drones, iPads, iPad minis, tablets, Go-Pro Sticks or other extendible items on any of our flight seeing tours.
- Guests should dress warmly, in layers, and carry rain gear (umbrellas are not allowed in the helicopter). In addition comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Guests are encouraged to bring currency and credit cards to purchase extras, such as souvenirs or snacks.
- Due to the extremely limited availability of this shore excursion, Guests are encouraged to book early.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.