At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Signature Collection and Family Adventures and Sightseeing Adventures|
|Duration:||6.5 to 7 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$115 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$89 (ages 3 to 9)|
|Infant Price:||$0 (ages 0 to 2)|
- Board your air-conditioned motorcoach for an approximate half-hour ride through the historic island of Crete, a meeting place of world civilizations for centuries, to Knossos – the capital of the Minoan Kingdom dating back to the Bronze Age.
- Arrive at Knossos and enjoy an approximate 2-hour guided walking tour of this archeological site that includes ruins of a small palace, royal villa and many well-preserved fresco-covered buildings. Knossos originated the legends of the Labyrinth, the Minotaur and Ikaros.
- Ride to the town of Heraklion to explore the cities neoclassical mansions and city center for approximately 30-minutes of self-exploration. While in town you may choose to grab a snack.
- Reboard your motorcoach for an approximately 30-minute ride to Gournes Village and the “Cretaquarium” or Thalassocosmos Aquarium.
- Explore this aquarium, made up of 1.7 million gallons of water in 60 aquariums housing 2,500 marine species, focusing on the Mediterranean marine life. Meet some of the creatures that have been present in the sea during the existence of several civilizations in Crete. Located on a former US Air Force base, this aquarium is part of the Hellenic Centre for Marine Research.
- Included during this approximate 75-minute visit is a unique behind-the-scenes tour of the facility, where families will get a chance to learn about the work involved in caring for all the underwater residents of the aquarium.
- Reboard your motorcoach for an approximate half-hour ride back to the port.
- Guests must be ambulatory. Wheelchairs (collapsible or electric) are not permitted. Tour operators will deny participation to Guests arriving in wheelchairs or electric scooters.
- Guests are expected to be reasonably physically fit and be able to walk approximately 2 miles and 30 to 40 steps over uneven surfaces.
- The order of sites may vary.
- Guests may be required to wait in long lines to view certain monuments of the site.
- Temperatures can get extremely high during summer. Guests are encouraged to wear hats, sunglasses, insect repellent and sunscreen lotion, and to stay hydrated. An optional umbrella to create shade is also advisable.
- A “whisper system” headset will be provided during the tour.
- Snacks or meals are not included but available for sale in town during the leisure time.
- Guests are encouraged to bring currency and credit cards to purchase extras, such as souvenirs or snacks.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.