At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Sightseeing Adventures and Family Adventures and Signature Collection|
|Duration:||6 to 6.5 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$119 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$89 (ages 5 to 9)|
|Ages:||5 And Up|
On this tour you will:
- Board your air-conditioned motorcoach for an approximate half-hour ride through the historic island of Crete, a meeting place of world civilizations for centuries, to Knossos—the capital of the Minoan Kingdom dating back to the Bronze Age.
- Arrive at Knossos and enjoy an approximate 2-hour guided walking tour of this archeological site that includes ruins of a small palace, royal villa and many well-preserved fresco-covered buildings. Knossos originated the legends of the Labyrinth, the Minotaur and Ikaros.
- Following the tour of this ancient civilization, reboard your motorcoach for a 40-minute ride to the re-created traditional Cretan village of Arolithos. Built on the side of a mountain, Arolithos is surrounded by wild carob trees, olive groves and other traditional flora. Guests will have the opportunity to spend approximately 45 minutes exploring the Museum of Agricultural History and Traditional Art focusing attention on traditional window displays and architecture of Cretan houses.
- Following the visit, Guests will have the chance to create their very own kompoloi or “worry beads,” a traditional tool used in Greek culture for relaxation, prayer, rituals and celebration. Guests will learn the history of the beads while making them and enjoying samples of freshly-made spinach and cheese pies.
- Reboard your motorcoach for an approximate half-hour ride back to the port.
Important Additional Information
- Guests must be ambulatory. Wheelchairs (collapsible or electric) are not permitted. Tour operators will deny participation to Guests arriving in wheelchairs or electric scooters.
- Guests are expected to be reasonably physically fit and be able to walk approximately 2 miles and 30 to 40 steps over uneven surfaces.
- The order of sites may vary.
- Guests may be required to wait in long lines to view certain monuments of the site.
- Temperatures can get extremely high during summer. Guests are encouraged to wear hats, sunglasses, insect repellent and sunscreen lotion, and to stay hydrated. An optional umbrella to create shade is also advisable.
- A “whisper system” headset will be provided during the tour.
- A snack (cheese and spinach pies) along with soft drinks and mineral water is included.
- Guests are encouraged to bring currency and credit cards to purchase extras, such as souvenirs or snacks.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.