At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Sightseeing Adventures|
|Duration:||7 to 7.5 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$149 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$119 (ages 3 to 9)|
|Infant Price:||$0 (ages 0 to 2)|
|Ages:||All Ages (recommended 8 and older)|
On this tour you will:
- Board an air-conditioned bus and travel approximately one hour through breathtaking wooded coastal views along the Lighthouse Route to Peggy's Cove, a famous fishing village which is known worldwide as having one of the most photographed lighthouses. Hear how glaciers and constant pounding from ocean waves have shaped the world-renowned village's granite shores.
- See the lighthouse that has been an inspiration for generations of writers, photographers and painters, and the famous deGarthe Monument, which artisan William deGarthe carved in the coarse stone.
- Arrive in Peggy's Cove and your kilted guide will lead you on a walking tour of the Lower Cove and village, including the famous lighthouse.
- Learn about the lobster fisheries and the various traps used at the cove and take the opportunity to see, touch and have your picture taken with a live lobster. You will have approximately 90 minutes of free time to shop in the small nautical souvenir shops and take some wonderful photographs.
- Enjoy a lobster lunch overlooking the Atlantic Ocean before re-boarding your motor coach and travelling approximately 30 minutes via the coastal route to Acadian Maple.
- Stop at Acadian Maple and learn about the process of how maple syrup makes its way from the tree to your table! Sample delicious maple treats during your approximate 45-minute stop.
- Re-board the motor coach and relax on the approximate 90-minute trip back to the cruise terminal.
Important Additional Information
- Wheelchairs need to be standard size and collapsible; no electric wheelchairs/scooters permitted. Guests must be able to board and disembark the motor coach on their own. Main venues at Peggy's Cove are wheelchair accessible; however smaller shops are not.
- This excursion is stroller accessible. However, some portions of the tour may require Guests to fold accompanying strollers. Lightweight strollers are recommended.
- This tour may run in reverse order.
- Guests should dress in layers, and carry raingear.
- Lunch menu may include: cooked and cracked Nova Scotia lobster in the shell, drawn butter, potato salad or coleslaw, dinner roll and butter, dessert, tea, coffee. Vegetarian or non-seafood options are available upon request. Please visit the Port Adventures desk onboard the ship on the first day of your cruise to place a request as advanced note is required by the tour operator. Beverages are available at an additional cost.
- Guests are encouraged to bring credit cards and currency to purchase optional extras such as souvenirs and snacks.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected from you. However, it is customary to leave a few extra dollars in recognition of service at restaurants, taxis, and for exceptional excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you as to what you feel is appropriate.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.