At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Nature Adventures and Family Adventures|
|Duration:||6 to 6.5 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$134 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$74 (ages 5 to 9)|
|Ages:||5 and Up (all participants must be at least 46" tall)|
- Board an air-conditioned mini bus for an approximate one-hour drive to Dunn's River Falls. After a comfort stop, meet your guide, who will provide a safety orientation. Then, begin your optional climb up the 600-foot, cascading falls.
- Exit the craft market after your approximate one-hour visit and reboard the transportation for the short drive to Mystic Mountain. Upon arrival, embark the Sky Explorer chairlift for the approximate 15-minute ride through the thick tropical forest overlooking the turquoise water of the Caribbean Sea. The chairlift ride goes through the top of the canopy, providing glimpses of the cliff-lined north shore and the emerald treetops.
- Arrive at the top and enjoy approximately 45 minutes exploring the educational pavilion, featuring interactive Jamaican history exhibits. Next, visit the mesmerizing hummingbird and butterfly garden.
- Finally, a short walk away is the crown jewel of Rainforest Bobsled Jamaica at Mystic Mountain: the Bobsled Jamaica attraction. This signature ride features a gravity-driven plunge through 3,280 feet of twists and turns on a specially designed sled evoking the glory of the 1988 and 1992 Jamaican Olympic bobsled teams. The track for the bobsled run was laid specifically to avoid disturbing the natural landscape. As such, the trail curves around ancient trees, hugs majestic cliff faces and limestone outcroppings looming over the shoreline, and ushers you through narrow chutes of dense rainforest. You control your own descent with an in-sled handbrake, allowing for either a leisurely tour through the forest or a pulse-quickening dive to the bottom of the mountain.
- Once your bobsled slides to a graceful stop, you are slowly raised back through the rainforest to the top of the mountain, completing the entire circuit in about 8 minutes.
- Savor a delicious Jamaican-inspired lunch, at leisure and included in this tour.
- Walk up the observation tower for spectacular views of the north shore, including the town of Ocho Rios and the harbor. Plus, you may enjoy the infinity pool and waterslide. When it is time to depart, simply ride the Sky Explorer back to the base of the mountain, then board your transportation for your return to Falmouth.
- Wheelchairs need to be standard size and collapsible; no electric wheelchairs/scooters are permitted. Guests must be able to board and disembark the motor coach on their own. Guests won't be able to climb the falls and will observe from a distance.
- Guests should note that Dunn's River Falls is a natural feature, and a certain amount of agility needed to climb the falls. Guests must be at least 46" tall and should be able to maneuver steps over uneven, steep and wet terrain. Guests should make their own judgment before deciding to climb the falls, or to have children join them on the climb. It is optional to climb the falls and there are other alternatives to enjoy this natural attraction.
- Guests who are pregnant and those with neck, back, cardiovascular and respiratory conditions are not recommended to climb the falls; however they may still enjoy a dip in the water at Dunn's River Falls in the many entrances to the various lagoons found between the falls, utilizing the staircase located adjacent to the falls.
- Guests choosing to climb the falls are required to wear proper shoe attire. They must be fully secured and contain a rubber sole. Suggestions include teva sandals and water shoes, which can be brought from home. Water shoes can be purchased onboard the ship or rented at the falls. Rental fees are about $7 dollars in cash only. Prices vary and are subject to change.
- A liability waiver is required for this tour. Guests suffering from vertigo should consider not taking this tour.
- The order of the sites may vary and/or run in reverse.
- Meal options include a choice of mild jerk chicken, grilled fish or hot dog, served with a choice of rice or red peas with fried plantains. A soda or water is also included.
- Guests are recommended to bring a change of clothing, towels, hats, sunscreen lotion and sunglasses. Jewelry and other valuables should be left onboard.
- Lockers are available for a nominal fee.
- Guests are encouraged to bring credit cards and currency to purchase optional extras such as souvenirs and snacks.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected from you. However, it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of service at restaurants, taxis, and for exceptional excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you as to what you feel is appropriate.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.