At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Family Adventures and Sightseeing Adventures|
|Duration:||7 to 7.5 hours|
|Adult Price:||$129 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$99 (ages 5 to 9)|
|Ages:||5 And Up|
- Voyage to the mainland of Mexico via an approximate 45-minute ferry ride before taking a bus to discover the ancient "walled city" of Tulum.
- Explore the awe-inspiring ceremonial ruins and uncover the fascinating Mayan civilization as a guide reveals the complex history of the picturesque region.
- You will experience a whisper system that assures you will be able to hear your guide clearly and distinctly at the ruins area; the whisper system will provide you the highest available comfort during your tour. You can move freely without risk of missing the commentary while you are shooting amazing photos.
- The largest and most prominent building at Tulum is El Castillo (The Castle). Other important ruins at Tulum Archaeological site are the Temple of the Descending God, the House of the Columns, the Temple of the Wind and the Temple of the Frescos, which still has traces of murals on its inner walls, which are now mostly erased by time. Visitors are no longer permitted to enter.
- Have the option to continue the exploration of the Ruins or take a swim at the beach.
- Return to the bus transportation for the approximate 70-minute ride to the ferry, and the approximate 45-minute ferry ride back to Cozumel.
- This tour will not be operating for Disney Magic calls on 3/10/15, 3/24/15 or 4/7/15.
- Wheelchairs (collapsible or electric) are not permitted. Tour operators will deny participation to Guests arriving in wheelchairs or electric scooters.
- This excursion travels to mainland Mexico.
- The ferry transfer is 45 minutes in both directions and may cause motion sickness.
- The bus ride is approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes in each direction.
- Not recommended for children under 8 years of age.
- During the ruins visit you will receive a compact wireless device with earphones that will allow you to hear your guide clearly without interruption or distracting noises that may be in the surrounding area.
- Late 3:00 p.m. sandwich-style lunch and beverage are provided.
- For the continued conservation of Tulum, Guests are prohibited from climbing on the ruins at any time.
- An additional fee will be charged for those wishing to bring a video camera.
- There are areas of rough terrain; strollers are not allowed.
- A small beach is located at Tulum. Guests must be able to ascend and descend stairs to enter and exit the water.
- Guests are encouraged to wear swimming attire under clothing if wishing to swim at the beach.
- There is an approximate 15-minute walk along the main avenue between the ferry and the bus departure point in Playa Del Carmen. During the walk, Guests are required to stay with the group and not enter any stores.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.