At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Splashtacular and Family Adventures and Nature Adventures|
|Duration:||3.5 to 4 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$129 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$109 (ages 5 to 9)|
|Ages:||5 And Up|
On this tour you will:
- Meet your guide and take an approximate 5-minute taxi ride to Dolphinaris. Located along the main avenue, in the heart of downtown Cozumel, Dolphinaris is one of the few places in the world to offer people of all ages the unique opportunity to partake in up-close and personal experiences with dolphins. Dolphinaris is committed to the conservation and protection of marine mammals.
- Greet the facility's dolphin trainers and take in an interactive introduction to these gentle creatures of the deep, including a discussion of their anatomy, physiology and natural history. After your orientation, make your way to a submerged, waist-deep platform and immerse yourself in a magical in-water exchange with bottlenose dolphins.
- Learn how dolphins respond to hand signals and positive reinforcement from the trainers and discover the fantastic underwater communication system inherent to all dolphins.
- Delight in an unforgettable hands-on interaction as you are invited to glide your hand over the dolphin's soft skin, shake a friendly flipper and receive a magical kiss with your newfound friend.
- Make your way to deeper water, at the ocean coves, where you can experience an amazing swim with the aquarium's dolphins. During your unforgettable swim, hold on tight as you make waves during a fun-filled belly ride. Then, don an underwater mask, and behold the dolphins' underwater world, where you will witness these amazing creatures swim, glide and hurl themselves into the air, demonstrating their wonderful acrobatic ability.
- Relax after your approximate 40-minute, action-packed dolphin swim and take full advantage of everything Dolphinaris Cozumel has to offer. Stop by the restaurant for lunch and cool off with alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Have the option to snorkel at Serenity Cove, a safe inlet where you can swim through an underwater aquarium filled with tropical fish, rays and starfish!
- Looking for something more adventurous? Head out to the ocean for fun-filled water activities on the Caribbean Sea such as snorkeling, kayaking or paddle-boarding. All water activities are weather permitting and available on a first-come-first-served basis. Guests must be at least 10 years of age or older to participate in kayaking or stand-up paddle-boarding.
- After your adventure, re-board your transportation for the quick trip back to the pier.
Important Additional Information
- Guests must be ambulatory. Wheelchairs (collapsible or electric) are not permitted. Tour operators will deny participation to Guests arriving in wheelchairs or electric scooters.
- This excursion is stroller accessible. However, some portions of the tour may require Guests to fold accompanying strollers. In addition, lightweight strollers are recommended.
- Guests must be physically fit to participate. For safety reasons, expectant mothers, Guests with heart and /or respiratory conditions or back/neck injuries may not participate.
- Guests shall spend approximately 40 minutes in the water with the dolphins.
- This excursion is conducted both on a submerged platform that is approximately 3 feet deep and in deeper water. All Guests are required to wear lifejackets.
- During the swimming portion of this excursion, the Guest-to-dolphin ratio is 12:1.
- The minimum height requirement for participation is 4 feet. However, children under 4 feet tall can be held by a parent or guardian in the water.
- Guests 5 to 11 years of age must be accompanied in the water by a parent or guardian booked on the Dolphin Swim at Dolphinaris excursion at the same time.
- Guests 12 through 17 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on the Dolphin Swim at Dolphinaris or the Dolphinaris Observer excursion at the same time.
- Adults wishing to accompany a family member or friend on this excursion should book the Dolphin Observer excursion.
- Cameras and jewelry are not allowed in the pool areas. Photos can be taken from a designated area at the restaurant and bar. In addition, for the continued well-being of the dolphins, Guests are not permitted to wear sunscreen in the water.
- Lunch (a selection of Mexican and American dishes), beverages (sparkling sodas, fruit juice, bottled water, beer and mixed drinks) and water activities are included.
- All alcoholic drinks will be served only to Guests age 21 and older, and after all water-related activities are finished. Photo ID is required.
- Towels and lockers for personal belongings are available at an additional cost.
- Guests are encouraged to bring sunglasses, additional clothing, a hat, a camera and/or a backpack.
- Guests are encouraged to bring cash or credit cards to purchase optional extras, such as photos, souvenirs and DVD's.
- Due to limited availability, Guests are encouraged to book early.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.