At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Splashtacular and Family Adventures and Nature Adventures|
|Duration:||3 to 3.5 hours|
|Adult Price:||$112 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$89 (ages 3 to 9)|
|Ages:||3 And Up|
On this tour you will:
- Begin your adventure with an approximate 5-minute walk to your taxi transportation. Drive approximately 20-minutes to Chankanaab National Park, home of Dolphin Discovery.
- Upon arrival, receive an orientation and lifejacket before making your way to the enclosure with your trainer. Enter the water onto a submerged platform and be introduced to your new dolphin friend.
- For approximately 40-minutes you're invited to touch and play with these gentle creatures of the deep. Activities may include a dolphin kiss, handshake or hug.
- At the conclusion of your program, you can view photos before enjoying some free time to explore the rest of Chankanaab National Park. The park includes a sea lion show, beach, pool, gardens and even replicas of archaeological sites.
- When you are ready to leave the park, your taxi transportation will be available at the park entrance to transport you back to the ship.
Important Additional Information
- Wheelchairs need to be standard size and collapsible; no electric wheelchairs/scooters are permitted. Guests must be able to enter and exit the taxi on their own.
- Guests must be able to descend 12 steps into the water and be able to stand on the platform throughout the dolphin encounter.
- For safety reasons, expectant mothers, Guests with heart or respiratory conditions and those with back/neck injuries cannot participate.
- Guests ages 3 to 12: An adult 18 years or older must be booked on the same Dolphin Discovery Cozumel excursion.
- Guests ages 13 to 17: An adult 18 years or older must be booked on the same Dolphin Discovery Cozumel excursion or the corresponding Dolphin Discovery Observer excursion.
- For safety reasons, Guests interacting with Dolphins are not allowed to carry cameras, including waterproof ones.
- The dolphin encounter takes place in an enclosed open sea area where Guests stand on a three-foot deep, metal grate platform (varies with tide). All Guests are required to wear lifejackets and recommended to wear water shoes.
- Once the dolphin encounter is over, Guests are invited to enjoy the park, which includes a small beach, until 5:00 p.m. Guests must see staff at the park entrance before using the included taxi vouchers and taking the taxi back to the ship.
- Snorkel equipment for use at Chankanaab National Park is available at an additional cost.
- Lockers for personal belongings are available free of charge.
- Guests are encouraged to bring cash or credit cards to purchase optional extras, such as Dolphin Encounter videos, pictures, snacks and souvenirs.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.