At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Family Adventures and Sightseeing Adventures|
|Duration:||4 to 4.5 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$52 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$39 (ages 3 to 9)|
|Infant Price:||$0 (ages 0 to 2)|
On this tour you will:
- Start your journey thru historic Cozumel, with an approximate 10-minute walk from the ship to your air conditioned motor coach.
- Drive inland approximately 35-minutes to your first stop, the recently excavated ruins of San Gervasio. Once there, embark on an approximate 60-minute, guided tour of the pre-Columbian Mayan site, where exterior columns and stone walls mingle with short ceilings and mysterious red-colored hand prints. Snap a picture of the century-old structures - such as the Chi Chan Nah, El Arco, and Nohoch Nah. Learn about the early civilization that once called this awe-inspiring place home. Discover Ixchel, the goddess of fertility and good health, and find out why ancient Mayan women traveled hundreds of miles to San Gervasio to pay homage to her.
- From the Ruins, take a short 10 minute ride to a hacienda tequilera 'CAVA ANTIGUA'. Here you will learn about the process of making tequila, see agave plants as well enjoy a sample of this old traditional drink. While adults are enjoying the tequila samples, children will break the piņata, a famous activity in Mexico. Tequila flavors are from a unique tequila, produced by their own distillery.
- After your 30 minute visit, enjoy an approximate 20-minute drive to what is considered to be the best spot on the eastern side of the island for breathtaking views, the sightseeing point known as El Mirador. Once there, gaze out upon the brilliant turquoise sea and marvel at the jagged rock formations that time and the crashing waves have carelessly crafted. Following your stop, make your way to the very spot in Cozumel that the early Spanish explorers came upon when they landed in 1518: El Cedral. Brimming with scant remnants of yesteryear, including the island's oldest structure and the ruins of a cinderblock church. El Cedral was once the center of Mayan life and is said to be the site of the very first Catholic Mass on Cozumel. Stroll through this historically important area and shop for souvenirs amidst the local vendors that now call this place home.
- After your approximate 35-minute visit, sit back, relax and take in the sweeping sights once more as you embark on a 30-minute drive back to the pier.
Important Additional Information
- Guests must be ambulatory. Wheelchairs (collapsible or electric) are not permitted. Tour operators will deny participation to Guests arriving in wheelchairs or electric scooters.
- This excursion is stroller accessible. However, some portions of the tour may require Guests to fold accompanying strollers. Lightweight strollers are recommended.
- Guests are required to walk a total distance of approximately two miles during this excursion.
- A beverage of bottled water is included.
- Guests are encouraged to wear flat, comfortable shoes.
- Guests are encouraged to bring sunscreen, sunglasses, additional clothing, hats, cameras and/or backpacks.
- Due to limited availability, Guests are encouraged to book early.
- Guests are encouraged to bring currency and credit cards to purchase extras such as souvenirs or snacks.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.