Discover Scuba DiveLocation: Costa Maya, Mexico
- Meet your guides, complete all necessary paperwork and take a short, 15-minute ride through the town of Mahahual to a PADI 5-Star dive center. During the ride, the guide will share interesting facts about the town of Mahahual and point out areas of interest.
- Arrive at the center and receive a short debriefing and introduction to the dive staff. Then, you'll receive your gear and suit up for the day's excursion.
- Receive an approximate 45-minute introductory lesson to scuba, where you are going to learn everything needed for your 1-tank, instructor-guided scuba dive. No certifications required!
- Board the dive boat for an approximate15-minute ride to the magnificent Mesoamerican Barrier Reef. This breathtaking reef is known for its beautiful corals and exotic marine life, which include sea turtles, lobsters, stingrays, seahorses and a seemingly endless variety of tropical reef fish.
- Ride the boat back to the dive center. Then, return to the pier or choose to stay in town to enjoy the local culture and beautiful beaches. Note: Guests choosing to stay in town will have to return to the pier via taxi at their own expense.
Important Additional Information
- All Guests must meet the PADI Discover Scuba requirements and sign a standard waiver and medical questionnaire before participating in this adventure.
- Guests must be ambulatory. Wheelchairs (collapsible or electric) are not permitted. Tour operators will deny participation to Guests arriving in wheelchairs or electric scooters.
- Guests must weigh less than 300 lbs., be in good physical condition and be able to swim. All participants must complete a medical questionnaire as some restrictions do apply. For safety reasons, expectant mothers cannot participate. Guests with heart and respiratory conditions, and those with back/neck injuries require a written statement from their physician clearing them to dive.
- This scuba dive excursion includes all equipment, including: wetsuit, BCD, regulator, mask, fins, snorkel and weights.
- Guests are encouraged to bring currency to purchase extras, such as souvenirs.
- Guests are encouraged to bring sunscreen, a towel and swimwear.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.