On this tour you will:
- Board your air-conditioned motorcoach for an approximately half-hour narrated journey to historic Paleokastritsa.
- Arrive at Paleokastritsa and the historic 13th century Byzantine Monastery of the Virgin Mary for an approximately one-hour tour.
- Enjoy approximately one hour of self-exploration of Paleokastritsa bay or go for a swim in its beautiful waters of the bay.
- Reboard your air-conditioned motorcoach for an approximately half-hour ride to the Achilleion Palace, named for the mythical hero Achilles and built in by Empress of Austria Elisabeth of Bavaria, also known as Sisi, after a suggestion by Austrian Consul Alexander von Watzberg.
- Enjoy an approximately one-hour guided tour through the 19th century Achilles-themed palace and gardens.
- Reboard the motorcoach for a short, 30-minute narrated journey to Old Corfu town.
- Enjoy approximately 45 minutes of free time and self-exploration in Corfu before returning to the motorcoach.
- Reboard the motorcoach for an approximately 20-minute trip back to the port.
Important Additional Information
- Wheelchairs need to be standard size and collapsible; no electric wheelchairs/scooters are permitted. Guests must be able to board and disembark the motor coach on their own.
- Guests are expected to be reasonably physically fit and be able to walk approximately one mile over uneven and rocky paths, including inclines of 20 to 30 steps.
- The Monastery has a strict dress code. Shorts, tank tops and revealing clothing are not acceptable and admission will not be allowed. Bermuda shorts below the knee and capri pants are recommended.
- The roads in the Corfu countryside and mountains are narrow and winding. Guests who suffer from motion sickness should take this into consideration.
- Guests may experience long lines while waiting to visit the Achilleion Palace and the church inside the monastery.
- Guests wishing to swim are recommended to wear swimming attire underneath their clothes and bring a towel.
- Food and beverages are not included and may be purchased separately at the various stops.
- Guests are encouraged to bring currency and credit cards to purchase extras, such as souvenirs or snacks.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.