At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Family Adventures and Sightseeing Adventures and Signature Collection|
|Duration:||4 to 4.5 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$155 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$95 (ages 5 to 9)|
|Ages:||5 And Up|
On this tour you will:
- Board your air-conditioned motorcoach for an approximately half-hour ride to the Achilleion Palace, named for the mythical hero Achilles and built in by Empress of Austria Elisabeth of Bavaria, also known as Sisi, after a suggestion by Austrian Consul Alexander von Watzberg.
- Enjoy an approximately one-hour guided tour through the 19th century Achilles-themed palace and gardens.
- Hear the legend of Achilles, the hero of the Trojan war and said to be a demigod.
- Reboard your motorcoach for a quick ride into Corfu town for an approximate 45-minute guided walking tour starting in the town square, through old town, and into the 300-year-old Church of Saint Spayridon featuring priceless icons and mosaics.
- Arrive at a local art gallery, where kids will join Disney Cruise Line Youth Counselors on a fun-filled workshop, where they’ll learn about the colors once present in ancient Greek statues and get to paint their very own memento of their visit to the Corfu, a statue of Achilles. During this approximate 50-minute activity, parents have the option to enjoy free time in town to shop and peruse the ancient streets.
- Reunite with your group and take a short walk to reboard the motorcoach for an approximately 25-minute trip back to the port.
Important Additional Information
- Wheelchairs need to be standard size and collapsible; no electric wheelchairs/scooters are permitted. Guests must be able to board and disembark the motor coach on their own.
- Guests are expected to be reasonably physically fit and be able to walk approximately a half mile over uneven and rocky paths.
- This excursion is stroller accessible. However, some portions of the tour may require Guests to fold accompanying strollers. Lightweight strollers are recommended.
- Food and beverages are not included and may be purchased separately in Corfu. Bottled water is provided.
- Guests are encouraged to bring currency and credit cards to purchase extras, such as souvenirs or snacks.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.