At a Glance
|Activity Type:||Signature Collection and Family Adventures|
|Duration:||2.5 to 3 Hours|
|Adult Price:||$109 (ages 10 and up)|
|Child Price:||$99 (ages 3 to 9)|
|Infant Price:||$0 (ages 0 to 2)|
- Meet your guide, board an open-air double-decker bus and travel approximately 15 minutes through the city of Catania, known for its beautiful architecture, en route to your first stop.
- Arrive at Castello Ursino, where your guide will provide details about this imposing structure built by Frederik II—today a renowned symbol of the town.
- Snap a photo or 2 as you take a short stroll to the Puppet Lab, where all the puppets are built. Learn about the Napoli family, which for many generations has kept the “secret„ of building Sicilian puppets, including their costumes and metal armor. See the tools, fabrics and maetrial used as you interact with the puppetier, all translated by your guide.
- Conclude your approximate 45-minute visit and return to the double-decker bus for a ride back into town. Here, you’ll reach your final stop, a small Puppet Museum where everyone will be able to get up close to the puppets and learn some of the history of this art and its characters.
- Enjoy a short theater-style presentation, in Italian, to see the intricate moves and articulation of this beautiful folkloric art. Your English-speaking guide will give you a synopsis of the scene you’ll enjoy onstage.
- Receive a special memento of the puppets and your trip to Catania before concluding your approximate one-hour visit to the museum. Then, choose to walk back to the ship (within walking distance) or head back in town to explore at lesiure.
- Guests must be ambulatory. Wheelchairs (collapsible or electric) are not permitted. Tour operators will deny participation to Guests arriving in wheelchairs or electric scooters.
- The excursion is stroller-accessible; however, some portions of the tour may require Guests to fold accompanying strollers. In addition, lightweight strollers are recommended.
- The order of tour sites and its durations may vary depending on traffic and overcrowding of venues.
- Guests are encouraged to bring credit cards and currency to purchase optional extras such as souvenirs, food and beverages.
- You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.
Port Adventures are operated by independent contractors that are neither agents of, nor supervised or controlled by, Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line does not maintain their facilities or modes of transportation and is not responsible for any injury or property damage/loss that Guests may incur in connection with a Port Adventure. All Port Adventures are subject to the Disney Cruise Line Cruise Contract. All Port Adventures are subject to availability and/or cancellation based on weather, itinerary changes, and attendance. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on Port Adventures except for specific "teen only" Port Adventures. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.